Description of the Business Line or Department
The Finance Division (DFIN) is in charge of:
* Steering the financial and budgetary strategy of GBIS, and its investment and development policy;
* Measuring and analysing the profitability of the activities portfolio (clients, businesses, geographies) and the use of all resources (overheads, balance sheet, capital, liquidity, etc.);
* Certifying GBIS accounts (accounting quality, valuation methods, orders options, etc., regardless of the production centres, vis-ŕ-vis DFIN, external auditors, regulators, etc.;
* Ensuring the necessary support and the right level of expertise on the subjects of accounting standards, taxation, scarce resources and regulation.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
* Reporting to the SGIL Head of Reporting and General Accounting, you will be in charge to perform analysis for month-end production and reporting to SGIL Finance Management
* Ensure Balance Sheet and Off-Balance Sheet are accurately reflected in the General Ledger through controls and analysis in place (Nostro balances, Cash at CCPs, Client balance accounts, etc)
* Assisting in the oversight of the offshore team in charge of production.
* Provide support in monthly account closing across all the asset classes in SGIL.
* Automation through tactical solutions to improve day to day processes
* Policies and procedures maintenance and controls completion
* Managing ad hoc requests from SGIL Finance Management and DFIN business partners (Front Office, IT, Operations, Risk)
Summary of responsibilities
* Developing analysis and controls over the General Accounting and Group Reporting framework of SGIL.
* Assist in new business developments and enhancements to industrialize the team production.
* Participating in projects to Change the Bank with impact in Finance department.
* Participating to the SGIL (papers and supporting presentation)
* Review and update of policies and procedures documentation
Level of Autonomy and Authority
A medium degree of autonomy is required for the role as well as the ability to analytically challenge and explain or communicate findings to facilitate decision making
* General knowledge on accounting knowledge
* Higher educational background
* Organizational skills: Time management & ability to deliver
* Good writing ability in Word & Powerpoint (drafting notes, reports, explanative papers …)
* Analytical & inquisitive mindset, open minded to change with the initiative to define and propose solutions
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines but also challenge requests & the approach to them
* Ability to work with the team members globally based
* Relationship skills to build a good working relationship with business lines, OPER, ITEC plus other Finance Departments in London, Head Office, offshored teams & other control functions.
* Ability to think and act proactively displaying an entrepreneurial mindset and common sense
* Willingness to expand product knowledge base and develop new skillsets
A first experience (internship/placement year) in Finance/Accounting would be desirable
Higher Education is a prerequisite. The candidate needs to have a Degree in Business Studies, Economics or any Science Degree
* Fluent in English
* French speaker is a plus but not mandatory for this role
|Posted on:||07 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|