Junior Data Analyst
Location: Remote Working
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Data Analyst to conduct end-to-end data analysis to support operational business requirements, and improvement projects across our Civil Training and Apprenticeships business.
This is an ideal entry-level role for those looking to develop a career in Business Intelligence and Data Analysis
Your duties will include:
* Responsibility for development, production and distribution of statistical performance information to assist operational, accounts / contracts, finance and management teams to effectively manage performance
* Identify, track, and report contractual and non-contractual performance against KPIs
* Understand the customers' requirements for data and analysis, develop reports and present this in a compelling way direct to the customer
* Conduct end-to-end analysis on large, raw and complex data sets, that includes data gathering from multiple data sources, to support business decision making
* Develop compelling visual displays of analytics for internal and external clients
* Provide recommendations on streamlining reporting / analytical processes
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be comfortable with working on Microsoft Excel to manipulate data, produce reports, dashboards and other data analysis tools.
Experience using SQL is advantageous, but not essential, as training will be provided.
A degree in an IT, Mathematics or similar discipline is preferable
Finally, you will be eager to learn, self-motivated and be able to apply flexibility, imagination, innovation and creative problem solving techniques
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
|Posted on:||14 Oct 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|