Description of the Business Line or Department
The Operations Department handle the middle and back office functions for all SG CIB business lines (Markets and Financing). Therefore, GBSU/REG implements all necessary means to ensure the SGCIB regulatory compliance of GBSU scope.
In a very unpredictable and unstable context, the regulatory evolutions in Europe as well as in the US imply very important changes for our activity, impacting our business model, producing new reporting and other obligations with huge impact on our processes.
As we deal with many products, all new regulations impacting us, on a worldwide perspective.
The regulatory projects management impact different stakeholders as Front office, OPER, Compliance and IT team.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Uncleared Margin Rules (Phases 5 &6) project
* Manage escalation of issues as appropriate as well as being responsible for their successful resolution
* Track, measure and review project progress (This includes adjusting plans and communicating changes)
* Assist on producing and maintaining key documents related to the project (project schedule, governance structure and other guidelines)
Summary of responsibilities
* Monitoring of the SGIL Initial Margin / Variation Margin regulatory solution
* Take care of the quality of both deliverables and communication,
* Understand the regulations changes and transpose these into business requirements
* Develop expertise on regulatory topics
* Delivery of Business Requirements that meet the business and regulatory needs and obligations
* Continuously innovating and improving project processes
* Assist on the execution of the project plan for UMR Phase counterparties
* Assist on Phase 6 Uncleared Margin Rules project planning and execution
* Keep our operational risks low and enhancing the culture of risk management
* Develop professional relationships with sponsors and with all the stakeholders,
* Develop people to better face the new context
Other duties requested by your line manager in accordance with your position and qualifications
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
* Extensive Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office suite
* Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
* Strong organization skills
* Good team player. Ability to work in a team, in a dynamic and innovative environment
* Understanding of the financial regulators' mission
* Understanding of key financial products such as stocks and derivatives
* Detailed oriented and ability to respect deadlines
* Highly personable and self-motivated
* Ability to structure and follow up projects
* Graduate education from a Business or Engineering School
* English: fluent
|Posted on:||04 Aug 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|