The Business Research Analyst will provide business and client research support to the Firm's client programs and other key Firm priorities by answering business research inquiries, developing various business intelligence reports, assisting in strategic research projects, and managing the team's platforms and other administrative requirements, within the context of the Firm's information and research strategy; and act as a point of contact for business research requests and inquiries.
Working at (COMPANY NAME) Belfast:
(COMPANY NAME) is the world's leading law firm with offices all over the world solving complex legal problems across borders and practice areas.
Our Belfast Centre is home to over 400 teammates in both legal and professional services such as finance, IT, marketing and business support.
We offer one of the best workplace benefits packages in the business with comprehensive private health cover, income protection, life assurance and a full employee assistance plan. These and a host of other benefits make us one of the most desirable companies to work for in Belfast.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, diversity and equity for all and are confident we can provide a career as individual and as exceptional as you.
About the role:
* Maintain and build strong relationships with in-market information and research managers and research Librarians, BDMC colleagues, knowledge partners and lawyers, the center Research teams and Information Product Management team, and other Knowledge Services teams
* Demonstrate value through effective communication with stakeholders and key relationships
Knowledge & Expertise
* Understand and promote the role and functionality of the Firm's business research, content and information repositories and resources
* Develop various research and business intelligence reports on companies, markets and industries in support of the Firm's growth priorities
* Propose actionable insights (e.g., recommendations, business opportunities/leads) into client, market and industry research reports based on external and Firm data
* Support planned and ad hoc research projects
* Coordinate with relevant teams within and outside of the department in the conduct of research, as needed
* Help conceptualize/improve research report templates, formats and product offerings
* Undertake business and client research on request from lawyers, In- Market research librarians and BDMC staff, and proactively when aware of users' areas of interest, and support and deliver high-quality and relevant products and responses promptly as required
* Demonstrate ongoing learning and professional accountability that cultivates communication and collaboration, fostering immediate and long-term goals
* Support the development and delivery of research training plans and programmes for trainees and lawyers, and other staff, and assess learning opportunities for workplace excellence
* Ensure and facilitate timely access to relevant business, industry and client information and research resources to support lawyers/BDMC providing advice to clients
* Work with regional I&R managers and research librarians, and liaise with internal clients to learn about their business focus and information needs
* Apply industry thinking, initiative and experience when providing information and research
* Collaborative, supportive, team player working with In-Market Research Librarians, other Research team members, Knowledge Services staff, and the wider Information & Research and Knowledge Communities
* Support and participate in the adoption and use of Knowledge and I&R systems
* Participate in and lead projects as requested
* Be aware of and participate in the Firm's and I&R group goals
|Posted on:||29 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|