At Starling, we're on a mission to help customers around the world live a healthier financial life, and change banking forever. We have a world class team and we're looking for the next generation of interns to help drive our growth.
While we're a fully licensed bank, we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are focused on providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around. Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day one, and we're told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
We have internships in all areas of the bank including in operations, vendor management, communications, people and risk but we're very flexible and it's not unusual for our interns to move around within the bank or contribute to other departments.
Some examples of what our previous Summer Interns and Placement Year Students have been involved in:
* Owning projects to improve operational efficiency within our payments team.
* Improving processes that are fundamental to the operation of the bank, coordinating with product, engineering and customer service teams.
* Designing visual content for the website, google play store and app store.
* Writing briefing documents, case studies, award entries and blogs.
* Sourcing, developing and owning the end-to-end Marketplace process and helping to develop our API strategy.
* Managing our social media channels, including writing and scheduling posts and responding to customer interactions.
* Analysing key product metrics and producing reports for investors.
* Collaborating with the Product Team to discuss and feedback UI & UX.
* Improving the bank's code and infrastructure to scale with our rapidly growing customer base.
What you can expect…
* The programme offers a professionally paid internship role for at least 8 weeks starting in Summer 2023 from July 3rd in our London office
* A great support network from the team
* A competitive and market based salary
Full details are available on our careers site - any benefits offered will be pro-rated
We're on a mission to radically reshape banking - and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we're proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at (COMPANY NAME) are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that (COMPANY NAME) may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information
* Current university student or recent graduate. If you're applying for a placement year or you're a current student, you must be in your penultimate year of study.
* Motivated, focussed and able to own your projects.
* Ability to communicate and collaborate with teams across the business.
* Data driven and high attention to detail.
* Creative and can-do attitude to solving problems.
Applications will close at 5pm on 31st March 2023
|Posted on:||18 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|
|Job duration:||2 months|