We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it's one that's shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we've brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren't just part of a team, they're part of something bigger. We're a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We're only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
12 month Placement - you must be currently studying towards a Degree to be considered for the Accounts Payable Assistant position.
The Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for processing supplier/contractor invoices, employee expenses and staff credit cards. They will also be required to act as a contact for supplier queries both via email and phone.
Some ad hoc duties will also be required from time to time assisting the Finance Team.
Accounts Payable Duties:
* Reviewing the Accounts Payable inbox moving/replying to emails received within 24 hours of receipt
* Opening daily post for the Finance team
* Processing of supplier/contractor invoices, ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner with relevant purchase orders and approvals
* Running credit card reports and emailing them to employees for review
* Performing supplier statement reconciliations
* Running purchase order reports to ensure PO's are closed if they are no longer required
* Maintain the supplier database in NetSuite
* Reconcile employee expenses ensuring the claims are in line with the T&E policy
* Other ad hoc Accounts Payable projects as requested by the Accounts Payable Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
* Studying towards a Degree in Accounting & Finance (or similar)
* Grade B or above in A-Level Mathematics (or equivalent)
* Good Excel skills
* Excellent team player
* Self-starter and self-learner
* A logical thinker with great problem-solving skills
* Ability to work hard under pressure
* Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multitask and prioritise