(COMPANY NAME) is a dynamic SaaS technology startup based in Farringdon seeing explosive growth following $122million of funding. Recognised by Gartner as one of the four most innovative ecommerce technologies in the world, and Wired Magazine as one of Europe's hottest startups, (COMPANY NAME) is a Digital Experience Analytics Platform helping brands to create better experiences online.
We work with 600+ clients globally including Unilever, L'Occitane, GoPro, Hertz, Avon and Club Med to empower their teams with behavioural insight.
In a few words
As a Data Analyst intern you will be involved in analysing user experience behaviour surfaced both through our software and the interrogation of our databases. You will be able to use your analysis to provide insights and operational recommendations to our clients which span a range of different E-commerce industries. We are a web analytics platform that helps E-commerce clients understand the actions and behaviours that users are performing on their websites through analysis of user journeys, session-level metrics (time spent, conversions, activity), and in-page behaviours (clicks, hovers, scrolls etc). We're looking for someone with a passion for data and interest in digital user experiences. We work with a large portfolio of high-profile clients so you will gain unparalleled, first-hand experience into the digital business strategies for a wide range of companies.
Being a data analyst at (COMPANY NAME) requires a combination of technical, analytical skills, as well as consulting and client-facing skills. Within the technical skillset, knowledge of statistics, mathematics, SQL queries, Excel, and general abilities in making sense of lots of data are extremely valuable. Within the client-facing, consulting skillset, we're looking for a candidate comfortable in presenting and talking through data with clients, and an ability to construct logical, convincing narratives from data.
What you will do
You will work within the Customer Success team, supervised by a senior Data Analyst who will be responsible for your onboarding and training. As your onboarding progresses and you get a firm understanding of our software and methodology, you will gradually start working on analyses for our clients. This means extracting and analyzing behavioral data on our clients web traffic. Our database is extremely rich and diverse, and our application is very flexible, allowing for impactful data interpretation and analyses. Analyzing is a team effort, and you will be working closely with our UX Designers, UI designers and Customer Success Managers on those projects. Given the richness and flexibility of our database, you will also spend half of your time building new analysis processes as part of what we term 'build projects'. These projects will give you the opportunity to build and develop something completely new that could be used by our business to aid us, and our clients, in deriving insights from the data.
While analyzing data and providing completed works of analysis is core to the Data Analyst job, the Data Analyst is also responsible for spreading their expertise to our clients. Once our customers get a functional training on our software, the Data Analyst is responsible for helping them adopt a proper analysis methodology in order to get the most out of the tool. This will also involve building the customers' expertise through workshops and on-site training. As a Data Analysis intern you will be expected to be an expert in the use of our software and a go-to source of help for technical knowledge and assistance.
What we are looking for:
* You are motivated and excited to join the (COMPANY NAME) adventure and learn more about web analytics and data analysis.
* You are a strong learner and confident in your numeral and written skills.
* You can effectively translate technical jargon to non-technical people. You enjoy teaching what you know and using data to tell stories.
* You have previous work experience or training in working with numbers and data, or have demonstrable experience in numerical analysis.
* Knowledge of the digital ecosystem: analytics, traffic acquisition, e-commerce strategies.
* Strong Excel abilities, and experience with Google docs/sheets/slides.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* Any of the following skills/experience is a plus: other analytics, knowledge of Python, R, statistics, data science, UX Design, client-facing presentations, data visualisations, AB test strategies.
Good to know:
* Contract: Full-time internship
* Duration: 4 months ideally
* Start date: ASAP
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let's explore this together.
As well as the opportunity to have a tangible impact on the success of the global business here's what else we offer:
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
- Flexible approach to working hours and holidays
- Attractive people care approach with good health insurance, and French family care policy after 1 year of employment
- Fun office culture with regular socials and perks ranging from go-karting, junkyard golf and rooftop curling to in-office massages, basement jazz trips, brie and boardgame evenings and movie nights
- An office fully-stocked with (decent) coffee, breakfast, fruit and snacks (plus a regular supply of chocolate hobnobs)
- Travel opportunities to our global offices for onboarding, the Hackathon, and our annual worldwide kickoff trip