This position is a 12 week Internship from June - August 2022
The Biostatistics Department in the Analytics and Data Sciences organization provides statistical support across Research and Development. The clinical statisticians in the biostatistics group collaborate with stakeholders from different disciplines to develop agile and robust clinical development plans and decision frameworks for portfolio of products encompassing early and late-stage development. They also provide statistical expertise and manage the activities for clinical programs to ensure valid and efficient study designs. The activities include but are not limited to participating in protocol development, developing analysis plans, performing statistical analyses, interpreting statistical results, and preparing clinical study reports.
For the summer inter projects, you will require to read and synthesize key methodology papers and efficiently develop simulation code in R or other statistical package and explore results in a systematic way. Any new code should be documented and packaged in a user-friendly way, to encourage broader use in the department. A final technical write-up and presentation will be expected.
Example projects may include:
* Bayesian extrapolation of external information in pediatric drug development in systematic Lupus Erythematosus clinical trials & exploring Bayesian borrowing of historic control data for a clinical trial with time-to-event endpoint
* Multiplicity considerations in a group sequential design with early termination
* Development of statistical tools for planning and analysis of reliability/agreement studies for digital biomarker development
* Anatomy of multiple imputation in neuromuscular Studies
* Mediation analysis to account for rescue therapy in randomized clinical trials
* Analysis of correlated composite binary endpoints and their agreement in confirmatory studies
* Refining a statistical analysis pipeline for spatial transcriptomics
* Experience of performing statistical analysis with R, SAS and other statistical packages
* Knowledge or interest working in biotechnology industry
* Ability to translate data into business insights
To participate in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
* At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
* Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
* Currently enrolled in a PhD program
* Completed two years of graduate work and passed doctorate qualification exam prior to the start of the internship and must return to school in fall 2022
* Majored in statistics, biostatistics, or other related fields
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
|Posted on:||13 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||3 months|