If you love learning and making things happen - this could be your perfect next move.
We're looking for a Learning and Development Advisor to join our team. You don't need to have stepped foot in a publisher's before to work with us, we're interested in bringing in new perspectives and challenging our thinking and ways of doing things.
A bit about us
In Talent Development, we partner with teams across Penguin Random House to create and offer learning solutions that help our business and people to grow and meet their potential. Whether through traineeships, new joiner inductions, work experience placements or creating training and development programmes to develop skills and build knowledge.
What you'll be doing
You'll manage our suite of development opportunities, overseeing and scheduling our courses, workshops and mentoring programmes, working closely with internal and external partners and L&D Coordinator to make this happen.
You'll build out our online learning offering too - curating and sharing creative, accessible learning content. You'll also support the learning offerings for our entry level programmes, including apprenticeships, and oversee the new joiner induction programme, updating content and incorporating feedback accordingly.
And with a company focus on inclusivity, career development and developing a high performance culture, they'll be plenty of opportunities to flex your creative muscle on additional ad hoc projects.
What you'll bring:
* Relevant experience working in a learning and development or people/HR based role.
* Experience of managing workshops, programmes, or events.
* Strong organisational skills, with the ability to plan ahead, manage projects and adapt in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work autonomously to problem solve.
* Some experience of curating or designing learning solutions.
* Curiosity to learn and ability to apply learnings.
* Ability to communicate & collaborate effectively.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Evidence of building strong relationships, across levels and departments.
What's in it for you?
You'll be right at the heart of making things happen, helping to create the best learning experiences for our employees. You'll get to see the scope and breadth of the Learning and Development function, and the critical role it plays in our company. This is a role that will set you up for success as you further your career in L&D or HR.
What you can expect from us:
Up to £32,000 dependent on how your skills and experience align to the role, plus bonus and benefits
Our employees are the heart of our business. We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, some of which are:
* 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one (plus bank holidays), increasing a day each year up to 30 days
* Medical cover
* Life assurance
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Discounted gym membership
* Generous pension scheme
* Summer working hours (role dependent)
* Volunteering policy and charity matching
* Employee Assistance programme
* Mentoring programme
* Extended gender neutral parental leave
* 60% Discount on Company books
* Each site has trained mental health first aiders
* We plant a tree for every new employee to our business
Our creativity is inspired by different perspectives, so we want our culture to be one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated.
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we're part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage. There may be some situations where volume of applicants means we can't take all eligible candidates to interview.
We want to make sure disabled applicants can be their best at each step of the recruitment journey. If you need adjustments during the application process, we encourage you to get in touch with us at http://Pxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx.
Remember, you only need to share what you are comfortable to for us to support your adjustment request. Find out more about our approach here: wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxxx-x-xxxxxxxxxy
We partner with The Book Trade Charity, who provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/
Please note, we are not able to accept agency CVs for this role. Any CVs sent speculatively will not be eligible for a fee.
Company: The Random House Group Limited
Country: United Kingdom
Postal Code: SW11 7AY
Job ID: 1xxxx1
London, LND, GB, SW11 7AY
|Posted on:||12 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Media / Advertising|