Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/GRS is Societe Generale's Global Cross Asset Research department. With more than 200 analysts, strategists and economists, it offers in-depth analysis and a distinctive cross-asset approach: impact of major events across asset classes, assessment of the links between asset classes, strategic synthesis to provide an integrated view.
Societe Generale Global Research offers global coverage established in the UK and in Western European countries, and in local networks in Eastern Europe (Moscow, Bucarest, Warsaw and Prague), the strengthening of its presence in the US and in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), together with a strong presence in Bangalore.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The successful candidate will be given a firsthand experience of Equity Research, learning financial analysis and publication writing methods. The candidate will be joining the Automotive Equity Research team within MARK/GRS/EQT as a trainee analyst.
You will be involved in the day-to-day challenges an equity research team faces, supporting directly the Head of the Automotive team whose coverage includes European Automakers (VW, BMW, Daimler, Porsche, Ferrari, FCA, Renault & Peugeot) & Automotive Suppliers (Valeo, Faurecia, Gestamp & Stabilus).
Summary of responsibilities
* Supporting the analysts on Financial Research & Analysis
* Maintenance of financial spreadsheets and models
* Contribution to companies & thematic reports
* Preparation of slide-packs and other marketing material
* Based in London
* Dynamic environment
Level of Autonomy and Authority
* High level of autonomy required
* No managerial responsibilities
* Good knowledge of financial modelling and corporate finance
* Ability to problem solve and implement process improvements
* Highly organized and proactive
* Adaptability and Flexibility
* Rigorous and curious
* Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and problem solving skills
* Proficient in Excel / PowerPoint
* Excellent attention to detail
*a prior experience in financial markets is required
* Strong academic record and must have a degree in finance, and in mathematics or sciences
* Fluent in English
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|