SummaryInnovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
Alexander McQueen is currently seeking a Commercial Insight, Graduate Trainee to support the Commercial Insight Manager in our Central London offices.
This role will support with the monitoring, optimisation and analysis of the Retail, Wholesale and Franchise business performance and strategy. The ideal candidate is a pro-active analytical thinker with a commercial or financial background, who can transform performance and operational data into actionable insights.
How you will contribute:
* Responsible for Retail, Wholesale and Franchise analysis and reporting
* Ad hoc analyses, review business cases, perform benchmarking and analyse performance versus goals
* Use data to develop insights and identify opportunities for performance improvement
* Work with the wider team to utilise and drive new measurement framework
* Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape particularly related to innovation and the evolution of business models
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to share information and align on strategies
* Quantifying and challenging hypotheses and assumptions
* Examples of questions you would help to tackle:
* How would you increase in-store conversion to sales?
* What has been the driver of a given country/store positive or negative performance?
* To what extent would a 30% increase in tourism to a country affect its' trade?
Your skills and experience:
* You will have advanced knowledge and skill within Microsoft Excel
* University degree in a related field (Economics, Computer Science etc.) highly advantageous, but not essential
* Interest in developing skills within SQL and Python
* You will have strong research, data and analytical skills
* You will have strong attention to detail and the capacity to thrive under pressure;
* You will be able to work independently
* You are driven to succeed and tenacious about delivering your function
* You will approach your role with the spirit of delivering a service to the commercial teams your work will support
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms - gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation - enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Job TypeFixed Term (Fixed Term)
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|