Description of the Business Line or Department
This position sits within the Global Markets Division (MARK) of SOCIETE GENERALE. You will join the engineering department in London which brings together, under one umbrella, the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies and Commodities structuring capabilities with the objective of providing investors with integrated multi-asset market solutions.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
* Support in the development of the range of SG indices,
* Bring necessary technical support to sales and trading teams,
* Participate to ongoing projects for sophisticated European based Clients (including but not limited to Pension Funds, Asset Managers, Banks, Insurance Companies …)
* Robustness and sustainability of performance
Summary of Responsibilities
* Support of senior structurers
* Developing and backtesting of strategies (Python/Excel VBA)
* Exchanges with Sales and Traders to obtain and clarify investors requirements and provide tailor made solutions
* Improvement of existing tools (Python/VBA)
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The trainee will work under direct supervision of senior structurers. Robustness, sustainability of performance ability to work with tight deadlines are key.
* High level quantitative and analytical background,
* Business oriented and passionate about financial markets,
* Prior financial experience is a plus
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
|Posted on:||11 Dec 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|