End Point Assessor - Apprenticeship - Telecoms Field Operative Level 2
(COMPANY NAME) are currently recruiting for End Point Assessors for Telecoms Field Operative - Level 2.
Overview of the independent end-point assessor role:
The Government has introduced a requirement that all apprenticeships contain an end-point assessment (EPA) which is a holistic assessment of the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour (KSBs) that have been learnt throughout the apprenticeship. This is to make sure that apprentices meet the rigorous standard set by employers and are fully competent in the relevant occupation. (COMPANY NAME) must provide employers with the confidence that completing an apprenticeship means an individual is fully job-ready and that all apprentices, following the same standard, are assessed consistently, regardless of where they are undertaking their apprenticeship or who they are doing it with.
An independent EPA means that those making a decision on the competency of the apprentice have nothing to gain from the outcome of the assessment. To maintain independence within the scope of this EPA, an independent end-point assessor (IEA) can only undertake end-point assessments of apprentices, with whom they have no conflict of interest. This means they must be independent of the registered apprenticeship training provider at which the apprentice completed their on-programme element, and must not have been involved in the on-programme training, assessment, or line management of such apprentices.
The end-point assessments will be conducted onsite, on dates agreed with employers and/or providers if appropriate. IEAs will record and submit the EPA outcomes, with clear justifications for the grading decisions. EPA activities will be quality assured by (COMPANY NAME) quality assurance representatives.
IEAs for this EPA will be qualified assessors that meet the occupational profile of the apprentices they are assessing and will be trained, standardised and approved to operate as IEAs. The IEAs will undertake EPAs in line with the associated apprenticeship assessment plan, and the materials provided by (COMPANY NAME). Please see the below Key Accountabilities and Person Specification sections for further details.
The IEA will:
* Take part in regular training and standardisation activities, associated with the role of IEA for this EPA
* Maintain and provide evidence of ongoing, relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
* Assess the performance of candidates in accordance with published assessment and grading criteria and procedures, ensuring overall standards are maintained
* Follow the protocols set out in (COMPANY NAME)'s specifications, assessment materials and quality assurance protocols, relating to the EPAs
* Maintain service-level agreements with regards to responding to EPA planning, operational activities, reports and submissions of assessment outcomes
* Report all risks and issues encountered during the end-point assessment to (COMPANY NAME), including any suspected malpractice/maladministration
* Ensure all EPA reports and assessment evidence are high quality and recorded accurately
* Support (COMPANY NAME), if necessary, with any appeals from apprentices, regarding assessment decisions
* Raise any conflicts of interest, including in relation to the independence of assessment
* Ensure that any personal actions are completed, as required by (COMPANY NAME)
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of (COMPANY NAME)'s end-point assessment activities
* Contribute to the external quality assurance activities undertaken by Tech Partnership overseen by Digital Industries Apprenticeship External Quality Assurance Board
A Telecoms Field Operative must have working knowledge of all aspects of the field operations.
The broad purpose of the occupation is to build, provide or repair telecom services for commercial or residential customers on the UK's National Telecom Access Network. Working on the copper and fibre connections to 4G & 5G services, homes and businesses from the local telephone exchanges. In their daily work, an employee in this occupation interacts with a number of different customers depending on their role. The majority of time in the role will be spent working outside in all kinds of weather. Depending on the specific role the employee could be working on telecom equipment in a telephone exchange, at height, in underground networks, in residential properties and business properties, at the side of the road and in any other places where a telecom service is required. An employee in this occupation will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, upgrading, protecting and installing telecoms services on the UK's National Telecom Access Network. This field-based role will require the individual to work under supervision, alone or as part of a team as required. Their work is allocated to them on a daily basis either from their line manager or a work allocation centre via an electronic device.
Background and Experience (essential):
Current relevant occupational competence within the workplace for at least 2yrs.
Knowledge and understanding of the Telecoms Industry
Qualified with a relevant qualification/s at or above the level they are assessing (Level 3)
Experience of leading meetings/structured interviews/discussions
Experience of complying with quality assurance/regulatory requirements
Evidence of commitment to maintaining CPD, in line with new apprenticeship requirements and the EPA specialism
Background and Experience (desirable):
Experience of Marking or grading Judgements
Experience in all areas of Telecommunications.
Skills & Knowledge (Essential)
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively respond to conflicts
Knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice
Sufficient and relevant technical knowledge of the telecoms industry:
In-depth knowledge of the associated apprenticeship standard, assessment plan, specification, assessment instruments and recording tools
Ability to assess, free from bias
Ability to assess and report risks
Ability to meet deadlines
Any applicant undertaking this role will be expected to:
* Have personal IT equipment capable of running (COMPANY NAME) required software
* Have a suitable broadband connection, Microphone, Headphones and a webcam
* Have a personal and secure email account
* Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey Isle of Man
* Have the right to work in the UK
* Allow additional time for travel, when making EPA arrangements
Note: Please indicate your most recent or relevant digital marketing experience in Occupational section of the form. If your sector is not listed please contact the recruitment team on axxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxm
About (COMPANY NAME)
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. (COMPANY NAME) promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses
|Posted on:||17 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|