In the future our customers will require more software based solutions to control their applications, so we are growing by investing in our software and application (SNAP) team. Although you will initially be based at our Cirencester site, you will work closely with colleagues at our St Neots and Wakefield sites, as well as those out in the field, and of course our customers who have high expectations of the products and the service we provide. Why not check out our (COMPANY NAME) Rexroth YouTube channel to see the kinds of products and applications your programmes and software could be controlling?
As a graduate trainee you will bring your expertise in electrical engineering and programming to the role, as we want you to be able to get involved straight away. The tasks you work on will vary as you develop, and will be dependent on customer need, but once you have completed your initial training a typical week could include the following:
* Creating application software to fulfill customer specifications for new solutions.
* Model-based development
* Impact analysis of functional change requests.
* Creation of sales and relevant project documents.
* Project and process management including implementation, verification, validation and customer specific commissioning.
* Supporting our customers with a selection of control hardware and system commissioning, including supporting at customer sites.
A key requirement of the role involves interacting with customers, as the solutions you work on go into their real life applications, so we need more than just strong technical competency. You will also have the excellent entrepreneurial, leadership and interpersonal skills required to be successful including:
* Results orientated; with a desire to exceed targets and push yourself and others to succeed.
* Future orientated; learns from failures, encourages creativity and manages uncertainty
* Proactive and self-motivated; including taking responsibility for driving your personal development by using and maintaining learning strategies for personal and professional growth
* Able to build high quality and lasting relationships at all levels
* Effective networker
* Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communication, collaboration and cooperation
* Excellent time management and organisational skills.
As part of your training you will have a placement at another site for 6-12 months to enable you to develop to widen your network and broaden your knowledge into a range of areas from factory automation through to industrial hydraulics. While training you will develop capability in different areas such as:
* PLC programming
* Preparing Functional Design Specification(FDS)/Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
* Controls architecture
* HMI / Visualisation
* Development of safety-relevant functional elements.
* Protocol (e.g. Profinet, Ethernet IP)
* Drives (AE)
* Drive Sizing (AE)
* Database (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
* IT Languages (e.g. C++, Java, HTML)
* OS (eg Windows,Linux,IOS,Android)
Please note you must have the right to work in UK for this position as sponsorship is not available.
If you are viewing this on a job board, please see the full job advert at https://sxxxx.xx/xxxxd for details of the essential criteria, including the requirement to have a relevant engineering degree. You will also be able to download the application form from that webpage.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 1st June 2021
* Degree in a relevant discipline. eg Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering
* Programming ability
* Software development skills.
* Able to take responsibility for your own development and complete the required training and evidence of training.
* Good planning and documenting skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Good standard of written and spoken English
* Able to understand customer expectations and deliver to deadlines.
* Must be prepared to travel and stay overnight on a regular basis
* Full UK driving licence
* C, C++, python or other relevant programming languages
* Experience of Linux operating system
* Working knowledge of MS Office packages
* Knowledge of electric drives and controls
* Additional language skills
Competitive graduate salary
Graduate training programme
* Structured framework
* Advice and supervision from leaders in our business
* Mentoring from a senior leader
* Regular reviews and feedback
* Networking opportunities
* Wide support network
* Learning and development opportunities
* 6 month placement/s
* 24 month duration
Additional benefits include: Pension, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), Life Assurance, staff discounts, Perkbox, Cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
You must be able to travel for this role.
You must be available to start in September 2021
Remember: we're interested in your potential and what you can do, not just what you have done.
Videos To Watch
|Posted on:||04 May 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|