Frontend engineers are an essential part of our Product development group at (COMPANY NAME), FEs work closely with product managers, designers, backend engineers in agile squads. Voyager our Design Language System is built on modern tooling such as Apollo/GraphQL and React, and delivers a strongly-typed UI using TypeScript. Voyager is a collaborative effort to make sure that our product looks and works great everywhere, increasing our capabilities to ship great experiences quickly.
* Exert influence on the overall vision and long-range goals of your team. This could be technical and/or product focused.
* Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features
* Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
* Learn, collaborate, and teach other Frontend Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they've been in the industry.
* Find and address performance issues
* Conduct design and code reviews
* Identify areas of improvement and advocate for front-end best practices
* Help define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
* Consistently ship moderately sized features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
* Has significant full-time Frontend Engineering work experience in industry (i.e., outside academia and internships);
* Experience with writing automated tests
* Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
* A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
* Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
* Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
* Comfort working in a highly agile, [intensely iterative][iteration] software development process
* Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
* Positive and solution-oriented mindset
* Effective communication skills: [Regularly achieve consensus with peers][collaboration], and clear status updates
* An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility
* [Self-motivated and self-managing][efficiency], with great organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
* Share [our values][values], and work in accordance with those values
* Product company experience
Candidates for a Frontend Engineering position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
* Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Recruiters
* Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute behavioural interview with Frontend Hiring Manager
* Next Candidates will be invited to a 120 minutes technical interview with frontend and backend engineers from our tech team
* Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer
We are an equal opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at (COMPANY NAME) and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law
|Posted on:||09 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|