Based: Hammersmith, London
Start Dates: Feb 2022
Annual Salary: £18,000 per annum
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP WHICH STARTS IN FEB 2022. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A DEGREE OR CANNOT START IN FEB PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Like cutting-edge tech in a dynamic business environment? The Business Applications Team is responsible for maintaining and evolving the UK and Ireland application portfolio across a wide range of business areas, such as Sales, Marketing, and Retail, as well as our various Corporate teams. But as well as day-to-day support, our other focus is on project management, working closely with the business to develop and deliver high-value solutions to time, scope and budget. Our IT Project Managers have to be able to guide and, where necessary, challenge both our business and our technical teams to ensure each technology solution delivers for our market.
As an innovative global company, technology is at the heart of everything we do, so we're looking for someone who can rise to the challenge of constant evolution of our application landscape, guiding and supporting our business to ensure that the change management is successful. You'll be on the move in a busy and fast-paced environment, tackling different technical and practical problems and working with a variety of teams at all levels across the L'Oreal IT and business organisations as you support the business-as-usual IT operation.
You need to be a people person with the emotional intelligence it takes to work with a wide variety of people and solve problems that arise. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside our experienced project managers, giving you a deep understanding of good governance, project lifecycles, and Agile ways of working. You'll also gain knowledge of how technology can be leveraged to turbo-charge the business operation, driving understanding of our customers through data acquisition, simplifying and automating processes for our colleagues to focus on value-add activities, and making it easier for our colleagues to connect with consumers.
We will give you the opportunity to get a true flavour of the world of IT with a specific focus on the tools and technologies that help our colleagues to drive business growth.
Day-to-day you may be...
* Helping to build and roll out iPads with virtual reality tech to our retail estate.
* Supporting a project manager with presenting a new-tech workshop to field management.
* Working with our field and retail teams to resolve issues with IT equipment
* Collaborating with application vendors to solve bugs in existing applications
* Taking charge of your own dedicated area/phase within a project (once you have found your feet!
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
* A keen interest in technology and how it can be leveraged for business growth
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
* A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Strong team player approach with the ability to network.
* Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency, and the ability to work autonomously.
* Eligible to work in the UK
* A school leaver or have not achieved a degree yet
* Possessing GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C (4, or equivalent)
* Have achieved an ABB at A Level, or 34 points (16 at higher level) in the International Baccalaureate
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|