We are looking for a Legal PA who can demonstrate secretarial and administrative competencies to the highest level.
You will provide first class administrative support and secretarial service to a number of fee-earners such as Partners, Associates, Trainees and other work providers.
You will be supporting the Legal Support Team Leaders in ensuring a high level of client service and provision of quality secretarial services in order to contribute to a world class 24 hour administration service.
We place an important emphasis on the development and well-being of our people. We look to enable all of our employees to be the best they can be in order for them to deliver an excellent client service. We provide a structured induction programme for all of our new joiners, a buddy scheme, and offer excellent career development opportunities. Our Secretarial Services staff enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture.
* To pro-actively manage diaries, arrange meetings
* To undertake e-mail management (manage inbox and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners, or forwarded to another fee earner in their absence
* To make travel arrangements (visas, flights, hotels, dinners)
* To support billing processes and timesheets
* To prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflicts checks, money laundering and audit Letters, with direction from partner/fee earner
* To support fee earner administrative activities (for example, bundling, indexing, general organisation etc.)
* To support client activities and requirements in a proactive manner, liaising with clients e.g. take messages, pass on information, deal with simple queries, meet and greet and client events
* To manage the production of all documents (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner, involving the Document Support Centre, as required.
* To ensure documents returned to fee earner accurately reflect the original request before returning work, including proofreading the document, checking spelling, grammar, sense, amendments and presentation
* To maintain CRM by updating InterAction and maintaining fee earner contact list
* To undertake general filing administration, liaising with Filing Administrator as appropriate
* To undertake limited typing i.e. urgent short documents (digital and non digital dictation)
* To work collaboratively with other secretarial support for the Department, to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients
* To ensure that there is comprehensive telephone cover across the department
* To provide personal support (non BM related), subject to PA's discretion
* To support Marketing and BD administration e.g. prepare pitch documents, arrange marketing events, ad hoc research
* To co ordinate Training administration e.g. book rooms/refreshments, arrange printing of slides and materials, ensure equipment and room set up, create attendance sheet and collect signatures for CPD purposes, liaising with L&D Team
* To support less experienced members of the team e.g. mentoring or buddying
* To work in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures
* Career-minded candidates who have legal sector or other professional services experience / background, i.e. from the Big Four or banking sector.
* 'Can-do' attitude, demonstrates proactivity and takes the initiative
* Consistently demonstrates secretarial competencies to the highest level in all areas
* Strong technical skills, including proficient in all software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
* High level organisational skills
* Understanding of the importance of Client Service
* People Management experience
* Working knowledge of house style, document management systems, templates and precedents
* Flexibility, Dedication, Humanity and Efficiency
Diversity & Inclusion:
* Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
(COMPANY NAME) is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, (COMPANY NAME) London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
* Acritas' Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2xxx- xxx0 - ranked 1st
* The Sunday Times' Best Companies to Work For 2xxx, xx, xx, xx, xx, x7: currently ranked 66th
* The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2018: currently ranked 65th
* Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
* For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
* Law360 ranked the Firm as the leading global law firm in its annual survey.
* Identified as one of the best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, Law360 and Euromoney.
* Named one of Stonewall's Top Global Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.
* Recognised in 2019 as a top 10 employer in the UK for LGBT+ equality, and named as one of 10 Top Trans Employers, in Stonewall's Top 100 Best Employers listing.
* Featuring in Business in the Community's Top 100 Employers for Race listing.
* Ranking 5th in the 2019 Social Mobility Employer Index.
* Winning the Best International Firm (UK), Best International Firm for Minority Women Lawyers, and Best International Firm for Women in Business Law at the European Women in Business Law Awards 2019.
At (COMPANY NAME) we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 0xx xxxx xxx0 or Rxxxxxxxxxx.email@example.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Sandra Thompson, Legal Support Team Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note (COMPANY NAME) does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
(COMPANY NAME) London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices
|Posted on:||11 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|