We are looking for a Legal Executive or Paralegal to join the highly regarded Real Estate team at (COMPANY NAME) LLP. The team currently consists of 3 Partners, 15 Associates, 1 Knowledge Lawyer, 1 Legal Executive and a trainee Legal Executive. The successful candidate will have relevant previous experience either as a Paralegal or Legal Executive supporting Real Estate matters, who is looking for a challenging and rewarding new role within our mid-size collegiate team.
The role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
* Landlord and tenant matters generally including commercial leasing transactions;
* Preparing lease reports;
* Carrying out due diligence for real estate transactions and corporate support work;
* Project managing and supporting the department with estate management, lettings and residential purchases;
* Dealing with all post completion matters, including complex SDLT and Land Registry matters;
* Managing the Docusign process;
* Assisting other fee earners in the department as and when required;
* Supervising the trainee legal executive.
The Real Estate team is an integral part of (COMPANY NAME)'s London Office and has been involved in some of the Firm's largest most high profile deals in recent years such as the sale of the Gherkin, the refinancing of the Battersea Power Station development, the acquisition of Green Park, Reading - the largest single asset investment transaction in 2016. In December 2020, we acted for ICG Properties on the UK's largest-ever single-occupier logistics deal, a 2.94m sq ft global parts logistics centre for Jaguar Land Rover at Mercia Park in Leicestershire and in early 2022 we completed on the acquisition by Google of some of its London offices as the biggest ever investment deal in the West End.
The achievements of the Real Estate team have been recognised externally with the Firm ranked 1st for Legal Services - Global in the Euromoney Real Estate Awards for 10 years in a row (xxxx - xxx8, after which the award ended). The Department and its Partners are well ranked in Legal 500 and Chambers. The London Real Estate team works closely and regularly with the Regional and Global Real Estate practices of the Firm which boasts more than 500 real estate professionals around the world. The work of the London Real Estate team is varied, of high-value and often international in nature.
Our Real Estate department advises on a wide range of property matters specialising in the areas of:
* High value investment acquisitions;
* Corporate headquarter leasing;
* Real estate financings;
* Hotels and leisure sector transactions;
* Planning and sustainability matters;
* Development projects;
* Retail (luxury goods) leases;
* General landlord and tenant matters;
* Real estate input into M&A transactions.
The department acts for a diverse range of high profile clients in the corporate and financial arena and its primary client base comprises multinational corporates, foreign investment, financial institutions and private equity houses across a wide range of sectors, including technology, media, telecoms, energy, mining, oil and gas, chemicals, construction, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
In recent years, within the department, there has been a particular focus on international inbound investment into London and the UK in addition to their usual work for the Firm's international clients. The team is mid-size and works as a cohesive team with specialist lawyers in other departments particularly tax, funds and corporate, in both the London office and globally. The team combines an extremely high level of real estate expertise that focuses on delivering clear, commercial and pragmatic advice. The successful candidate would be working within this supportive and collegiate environment.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
* Excellent academic credentials;
* ILEX qualified or equivalent, but could also be an experienced paralegal;
* Current experience in the real estate department of a leading City or US firm;
* Outstanding communication and drafting skills and the ability to adapt style as required;
* Initiative and proactivity;
* Sufficient maturity and gravitas to instill confidence and project credibility in an increasingly sophisticated, segmented and competitive market for legal services;
* Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture;
* Supervisory and team management skills for management and supervision of the trainee legal executive;
* High work standards;
* Flexible work practices;
* Ability to work well in both a team and individually, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team;
* A keenness to continue learning;
* Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
Why join us?
(COMPANY NAME) is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,200 people in 78 offices in 46 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of a 950 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, (COMPANY NAME) London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
* Thomson Reuters (formerly Acritas' Sharplegal) Global Elite Law Firm Brand Index, xxxx- xxx2 - ranked 1st
* The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers xxxx-xxx2: currently ranked 52nd
* Thomson Reuters ranked the Firm No. 1 for cross-border deals for the last 12 years. More than 70% of our deals are cross-border.
* For the 14th consecutive year, the Firm was ranked first for deals with emerging market involvement, by both number of announced and completed deals.
* Law360 ranked the Firm as one of the 400 Largest US Law Firms in in its annual survey in 2020.
* Identified as one of the Hall of Fame for best law firms for women by Working Mother magazine, xxxx-xxx1.
* Named one of Stonewall's Top 100 Employers for LGBTQ+, xxxx-xxx0.
* Ranked as one of the Top 75 Employers in the 2021 Social Mobility Employer Index.
* Received Double Certification for earning top marks in the 2022 Corporate Equality Index and Equidad MX of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
* Winner of the Europe Mentorship Programme - International Firm award in the Euromoney Women in Business Law Europe Awards 2021
* Winner of the Gender Diversity International Firm, Talent Management International Firm, and Work-Life Balance International Firm awards in the Euromoney Women in Business Law Asia Awards 2021
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At (COMPANY NAME) we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either xxx xxxx xxx0 or Rxxxxxxxxxx.email@example.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on xxx xxx xxx1 or Vxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note (COMPANY NAME) does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As the first truly global law firm, diversity and inclusion are foundational to our culture and strategic vision. We are a Firm of individuals from across the globe with different backgrounds, ideas, and points of view who collegially work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources, including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.
Our global strategy is focused on our people, our culture, our clients and the communities where we operate. In 2019 we enacted ambitious new targets related to gender, racial and ethnic diversity at the Firm. These targets are viewed as a floor, not a ceiling, to advancing underrepresented groups, and they are backed by a variety of strategic initiatives aimed at achieving our goals. Our strategic vision is supported in London by six active employee led networks which champion diversity, lead on a number of internal campaigns and deliver a range of activity to celebrate differences in identity, inclusion, and key dates throughout the year including: LGBT+ History Month, International Women's Day, International Trans Day of Visibility, Mental Health Awareness Week, Pride, Black History Month, Social Mobility Week, International Day of Disabled Persons and many more!
(COMPANY NAME) London has been accredited by Disability Confident, joining over 18,000 organisations that have signed up to help change behaviours and cultures in businesses, networks and communities and reap the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices
|Posted on:||22 Sep 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|