(COMPANY NAME) Operations Limited
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: 6th July 2020
Location: Filton, Broughton, Stevenage or Portsmouth
To stay on top, (COMPANY NAME) recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within (COMPANY NAME). They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the (COMPANY NAME) and should benefit your future studies.
The role is based within the Facilities Management and Real Estate (FM&RE) organisation across the whole (COMPANY NAME) UK portfolio of sites with direct accountability into the (COMPANY NAME) central organisation.
FM&RE is responsible for a huge range of deliverables to (COMPANY NAME) UK, including but not limited to; real estate management, aerodrome management, energy and supply, major building and construction projects as well as maintenance, catering and cleaning to name a few.
Working within the FM&RE function; this exciting opportunity offers successful applicants the chance to influence and drive change in a challenging, diverse department, matured over recent years to an integrated "ONE FM&RE" team incorporating both (COMPANY NAME) Commercial and (COMPANY NAME) Defence & Space (ADS) right across the UK
Using (COMPANY NAME) project management tools and your own initiative, the applicant will have the chance to demonstrate and implement new ways of working, support to deliver large scale capital investments projects and changes in key strategies such as Energy Conservation, Asset Management, identify and implement sustainability initiatives to help (COMPANY NAME) in their Corporate Social Responsibilities.
During 2020 (COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space will see the delivery of a massive £35m investment project delivering a new HQ, housing primary functions responsible for delivering the Telecoms & Space missions. The successful candidate potentially will have the opportunity to be involved in aspects of this exciting project, contributing to the construction project management as well as space utilisation in order to meet the changing demographics and culture this project will bring.
Alongside the delivery of key improvement projects the candidate is also expected to contribute to a multimillion pound asset investment strategy within (COMPANY NAME) as well as offering crucial support to the delivery of Capital Investment business cases and supporting the Energy Team with the energy utilisation and conservation assessments to deliver a key investment proposals.
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
* Manage projects according to (COMPANY NAME) principles to support the deployment of capital investment planning and project delivery
* Provide support to delivering Energy Utilisation and Conservation assessments and give key contribution to investment proposals feeding into company-wide corporate objectives and ensuring alignment to our sustainability goals.
* Identify and develop new, innovative ways of working to support the space management team in delivering a workspace that is prepared for significant culture and demographic change.
* Deliver a consolidated asset management strategy and play a pivotal role in the future requirements of (COMPANY NAME) infra-structure assets considering total cost of ownership.
* Generate important business cases to support a direct FM Capital investment budget circa ~15MEUR and an FM Support in the businesses Capital Investment budget circa ~20MEUR
Please note, we love your interest in working for (COMPANY NAME) but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count!
Our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
* Have an awareness of basic financial principles to contribute to involvement in investment projects and CapEx development.
* Basic project management skills, but also be willing to learn and develop according to (COMPANY NAME) tools and processes.
* Good stakeholder management skills, including excellent communication and customer focus and the ability to deliver on commitments
* A mind set to explore and work above and beyond, challenge current ways of working to develop new processes and ideas
* Evolve along with changing priorities within the business
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief