Job Title: Student Support Co-ordinator
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Student Support Manager / Head of Operations (Qualifications)
Salary Ł21,000 - Ł22,500
Are you ready to become part of a global organization, with campuses in London, Boston, San Francisco, Dubai and Shanghai? For the right person, there is endless room for growth and a lifelong career, beginning at Ashridge.
Hult Ashridge is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
If you have a passion for quality, are able to 'think on your feet' and can 'get things done' this is a great opportunity to join our high-performing Qualifications Operations Team as a Student Support Co-ordinator, specializing initially in our Higher and Degree Apprenticeship Programs.
Organized and practical people who embrace change and exude positive energy thrive in this team and progress quickly within our organisation.
The Qualifications Department and Apprenticeship programs are growing rapidly and we are looking to recruit Student Support Co-ordinator, to work with the Student Support Manager in providing top quality support and guidance to both apprentices and their employers
By developing strong, positive relationships you will help them stay on track and complete their Apprenticeship. You will be students' first line of support, providing coaching to individual apprentices when needed, responding to queries, monitoring progress and supporting the Student Support Manager and Head of Operations with review meetings and dissemination of information to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Maximining Student Progression & Retention
* To support the monitoring of student engagement, progression and performance through the collection and analysis of data describing participation and success of their apprenticeship.
* Ensuring a quality student/apprentice experience by building excellent relationships with designated apprentices/students , providing helpful and timely responses to queries (email, phone and face to face)
* Coaching individual apprentices, provide ongoing academic and pastoral support, in order to facilitate their learning, performance and progression and in order to improve retention and achievement of apprentices.
* Undertake apprentices' progress review meetings (with employers as required) and manage any issues which arise.
* Support with the planning and delivery of induction programs for all Apprenticeship Programs
* Provide support and feedback for apprentices' in the development and maintenance of End Point Assessment (EPA)-portfolios.
* Support Apprentices in preparation for End Point Assessment
* Internal/External Stakeholder Liaison
* Contributing to review meetings and dissemination of information to relevant external and internal stakeholders as directed by Student Support Manager
* Being a point of contact for apprentices and employers (cohort managers, line managers and mentors) keeping them informed of the program and learner progress.
* Building effective professional relationships with internal stakeholders; faculty, adjuncts and other internal departments
* Liaise with faculty on learning materials and teaching to be able to offer advice and guidance to apprentices.
* Provide feedback from the reviews and business intelligence to the Student Support Manager and Head of Operations
* Program Support
* Knowledge and application of content (academics) in support of student progress/market need - developing supplementary materials as required;
* Supporting facilitation of student/apprentice feedback and follow up on actions so that we learn and improve and ensure problems are resolved quickly.
* Record details of review meetings, other communications and issues so that it can be used for auditing purposes.
* Assist with appropriate selection and admissions activities (including Assessment Centres and Visits) in order to set and gain a better understanding of student needs/expectations.
* Being knowledgeable on, and able to use all program tools, platforms and processes to support the smooth running of programs.
* Leading and actively promoting best practices amongst colleagues, creating noticeable improvements
* Managing other ad-hoc internal projects as required from time to time by Line Manager, providing support to immediate and wider Ashridge
* Very organized, plans ahead, has attention to detail, gets things right quickly
* Proactive, Practical and can-do - gets things done at pace and is action, priority and solution focused
* Great communication skills, happy to, and skilled at, stand up and talk in front of apprentices and employers
* Tech savvy, flexible and confident people who embrace change, will try new things, exploit technology
* Builds real relationships and seen as a trusted advisor and someone with influence
* Desire for efficiency and constant improvement - asks 'how can we do this better next time?' and has ideas and ability to understand, diagnose and identify solutions.
* Ability to work independently and be a team player
Experience and skills required/preferred
* Degree or equivalent experience in business, coaching or similar subject
* Experience of higher education sector and apprenticeships is preferred
* Experience of working with online management systems, portals and ePortfolios
* Experience of tutoring/coaching at a management level in a work-based learning environment
* A confident user of Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
* 25 days paid holiday each year (3 days typically held for Christmas period shutdown)
* Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
* Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
* Free on-site parking
* Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
Hult Ashridge values diversity and has an equal opportunities policy applicable to all vacancies