Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
(COMPANY NAME) people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At (COMPANY NAME) UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that's why we offer you the flexibility to do what's important to you; whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
(COMPANY NAME) are looking to recruit a passionate and organised Communications Intern (12 month FTC). You will provide internal communication guidance, planning and delivery expertise to the IAS UK Domain. This role also supports delivery of UK / GBU / BL Communications into the UK IAS Domain where appropriate.
Based from our office in Belfast for our Internal/External Communications Division.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
* Hybrid Working
* Pension Scheme
* 28 days annual leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
* Life Cover
* Progression and Development Opportunities
* 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
* Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
* Gym membership discounts
What will you deliver?
Communications & engagement activities delivered by this role are designed to generate great engagement & involvement; creating the environment where employees give their best each day.
* Support and deliver the annual IAS UK internal communications plan, agreed by the Internal Communications Business Partner for the UK Defence Domains and IAS UK Managing Director
* Support IAS UK to deliver activity associated with communications campaigns & priorities to support agreed objectives and targets
* Be confident to challenge and offer direction to stakeholders using understanding of communications best practice, knowledge of the wider IC strategy and experience as an employee.
* Represent the UK Communications team at events where appropriate and agreed by the UK Defence Domain Internal Communications Business Partner
* Travel to and provide communications support to relevant sites as required
* Manage the various online and offline communication channels across the IAS UK Domain
* Be a team player and share best practise across the functional team.
* Support management of production and delivery of communications campaigns ensuring they are on time and budget
* Think creatively and use a varied mix of channels and tools when developing communications plans
* Ensure that all written content (intranet news, bulletins, team briefs, video, team listening content etc.) is on message and linked back to the overall IAS UK and (COMPANY NAME) UK messaging and Ambition Boost plan.
* Demonstrate excellent presentation and writing skills (i.e. produce clear, compelling, motivating content quickly).
Who are we looking for?
* Working towards Degree level English, Internal Communications / Employee Engagement, Journalism, Public Relations or related Communications field
* An understanding of internal communications disciplines, change communications and BAU communications activities.
* Delivery of annual communications programmes that translate and make relevant Group, UK and Domain activity, ensuring timely, on budget delivery.
* An understanding of business requirements and ability to support the UK Defence Domains Internal Communications Business Partner in translating these requirements into an annual internal communications plan.
* Ability to recognise a newsworthy story and deploy the relevant tactics to optimise its impact.
* Proven writing ability for digital, print, and briefings, for a range of internal stakeholders.
* Stakeholder management
* Maintaining and Improving existing communications channels
* Strong, demonstrable team working and best practice sharing skills.
The successful candidate will need full Security Clearance (SC) -For more information and guidance please visit the UKSV website*
In line with (COMPANY NAME)' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
(COMPANY NAME) UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now
|Posted on:||04 Aug 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Aerospace / Defense|