Ready to make magic? We're hiring for our Apprenticeships.
During this Apprenticeship at Disney, you will get the chance to work side-by-side with industry leaders, supporting the operations of the office buildings in the UK & Ireland (UK&I), while you study towards your apprenticeship qualification - Level 2 Facilities Services Operative Apprentice. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
As a Apprentice, you will support the on-site Facilities team with administrative aspects and developments to ensure the smooth running of The Walt Disney Company buildings across United Kingdom and Ireland. You will have the opportunity to experience how our facilities team are crucial in the running of the services of our estates, property, and management.
You will be immersed in the day-to-day activities ensuring the visibility of local infrastructure status and immediately escalate issues for further support as required. You will be involved in data inputting and record keeping which will ensure all the records of planned maintenance and servicing activities are kept up to date. This Apprenticeship will grow and enhance your knowledge to grow your career in facilities management as well as obtaining the Level 2 Facilities Services Operative.
This Apprenticeship will provide a fantastic springboard for your future career.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
This opportunity is based in Disney's Hammersmith Office and will require you to be on-site four days per week.
* Must have achieved 5 grades 4 - 9 at GCSE (C or above) including Maths and English
* Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
* Must be available to start the apprenticeship in September 2023
This is an Apprenticeship, so we are looking for potential and we do not expect you to have all the skills and knowledge related to the role. We want to see your enthusiasm, eagerness to learn on the job and commitment to your apprenticeship studies. The ideal candidate will have:
* A passion to start a career in Facilities
* Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
* Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
* Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
* Strong MS Office skills
In addition to this, we will be looking for competency in the following areas:
* Builds Relationship & Communicates Effectively
* Drives Results
* Thinks Strategically
* Inspires Creativity & Innovation
* Exhibits Professional Excellence
Why should you join us?
* Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
* You'll study towards the Level 2 Facilities Services Operative Apprenticeship
* Annual salary of ú21,000 with 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays)
* This programme is 18 months long
* 20% of your working hours will be allocated to study time for your Apprenticeship
* Support from our trusted training provider
* Private medical insurance & dental care
* Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
* Complimentary subscription to Disney+
* Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort Food & Beverage and ticketing
* Employee Resource Groups - WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST
Before applying we would strongly encourage you to read our hints and tips so you can set yourself up for success and learn more about the recruitment process. Please check out our guide here: https://dxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxf
Please note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please upload both your CV and Cover Letter when you are prompted to upload a CV on the application form.
For your cover letter we will be looking for approximately 400 words and looking to understand the following areas:
1. Why have you chosen Disney?
2. Why have you chosen this Apprenticeship?
3. Why should Disney consider you for this Apprenticeship?
Please only apply to one Apprenticeship position. We offer several Apprenticeship opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.
The application deadline is Midnight 31st March however, if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role before this date, therefore we strongly advise you to apply early.
Should you need to reach out to us regarding potential support in the recruitment process, for example to discuss what adjustments you might require, then please drop us an email in advance to Rxxxxxxxxxx.email@example.com and we will happily pick up a conversation on this
|Posted on:||16 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Media / Advertising|
|Job duration:||18 months|