Are you excited by the opportunity to pioneer the future of travel? Do you want to redefine mobile travel experiences? Are you ready to fuel industry change and jumpstart your career in Product Management? (COMPANY NAME) Group paves the way for early career talent to go far, fast with accelerated career advancement, unparalleled access to leadership and a culture of exceptional acceptance.
Travel is so much more than simply reaching your destination. Along your journey, you will make an immediate impact by helping to deliver new features to production, that serve our goal to bring the world within reach. From developing business case plans for a new product, to simplifying outward facing tools to drive roadmaps, in partnership with Product Marketing and User Experience teams, there is no shortage of opportunities for innovation at (COMPANY NAME) Group - the sky's the limit!
Applications to this opportunity are considered for our London offices.
What You'll do:
* You'll work with business partners to help identify and define product initiatives
* You'll help build business cases using competitive analysis, market and customer research, and loads of data
* You'll craft a hypothesis for new features or enhancements
* You'll partner with our development teams to facilitate decision-making, propose alternative solutions, and help identify gaps in our product and our business
* You'll collaborate with development teams through development cycle to ensure features meet the desired business goals
* You will partner directly with product owners to ensure stories are clearly defined and properly communicated.
* You will work with our development teams to iteratively answer ongoing questions when refining features and communicate product benefits to internal customers.
* You will collaborate with user research and experience design team to create mock-ups and prototypes.
* Using online tools, you will analyze and report on product test result
Essentially, you'll have an opportunity to collaborate with User Experience, product owners and developers to take a customer request from a hypothesis through mockups, prioritization of the features developed, validation of acceptance criteria, and marketing the product to customers.
Who You are:
Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in:
* Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience, Product Management
* Graduating in 2022
* Be a dynamic multi-tasker
* You feel comfortable working and partnering with a team and have strong communication skills, which includes a clear and concise message.
Your internship will include:
* Dedicated support from your manager and mentor for the summer
* Social, community and learning events
* Relocation assistance, if eligible
* Hotel discounts
Some exciting projects our interns have collaborated on with us:
* Inquiry Chatbot: Leverage data and research to recognize opportunities for optimizing the traveler inquiry flow - propose iterative test and learn experiments to drive inquirers and bookings - partner with teams working on traveler login, chatbot and traveler email communications for insight and support - propose and concept larger changes to the user experience
* Group Collaboration Tools: Group Collaboration is one of the centerpieces of our traveler experience at Vrbo. Join the Group Collaboration team to investigate Traveler and Partner feedback loops: How can we provide actionable insights to partners based on new forms of traveler activity (e.g. Collaboration tools usage, comments, voting, chat, and tags). Get your hands "dirty" with real traveler data, socialize opportunities with partners and partner participants. Develop a potential roadmap based on customer value, available data, and platform feasibility
* Search & Discovery: Today filters in the search experience are largely binary yes/no or in/out determinations. But filters also can be a signal of preference for travelers. Using traveler research, competitive insights and data mining -- how could we re-think this aspect of the search and discovery experience to enable travelers to signal preferences and then use those preference signals to provide personalized and tiered/federated results and suggestions?
You've Applied, Now What?
We will review your application and if you are considered a fit, we will invite you to take an online assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited for a final interview.
Intern Program Date: To ensure a consistent experience, we offer one internship start date.
June 21st through to August 27th 2021
Why Join Us?
(COMPANY NAME) Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at (COMPANY NAME) Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, (COMPANY NAME) Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand (COMPANY NAME)®, Hxxxxx.xxm®, (COMPANY NAME)® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, (COMPANY NAME)® Media Solutions, Cxxxxxxxxx.xxm™, (COMPANY NAME) Local Expert®, (COMPANY NAME) Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age