Description of the Business Line or Department
With nearly 12,000 employees in 38 countries, SG CIB is present in the main financial markets with extensive European coverage and representative offices in Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets (MARK) is a fully integrated multi-asset class, multi-product platform focusing on delivering high quality investment and risk management solutions to asset managers, pension funds, private banks, banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, family offices, sovereign funds and retail network distributors around the world.
MARK/EQD focuses on Equities and Derivatives. Its capabilities span the full spectrum of cash equity, equity finance, derivative-based services, equity structured product and strategic equity transactions.
BMO aim at helping MARK/EQD's development and at the same time preventing operational risks.
The VIE will be working with the Cash Equity Business Manager Office in London, based on the new headquarters in One bank Street (Canary Wharf).
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The candidate will be part of the BMO office. The BMO Office is responsible for supporting business line Heads and facilitating business activity, acting as a contact point for queries relating to support and control from the business group and controlling and supervising the activity of the group. The candidate will also be actively part of the on-going transversal projects impacting the different platforms in Europe.
The scope of the function covers MARK/EQD/CEE, with a focus on London platform activities.
Cash Equities Execution (CEE) is a sub business line of the Equities and Derivatives (EQD) business of SG with 90 dedicated advisory and execution specialists: global platform in Cash Equity markets supporting clients of all types, 125+ Markets and Exchange venues.
The team of which this role will be part supports the business line heads by monitoring the activity and developing the business via the coordination of various projects.
BMOs control and operationally supervise the Sales and Trading activities and facilitate the relationship with Internal support functions (OPER, Middle Office, Compliance, MACC, DFIN, ITEC, Audit, SAFE, Business Line heads and local London Management). Their mission is also to ensure that the rules that govern the Equity and Derivatives activity are regularly reminded.
Summary of responsibilities
* Preparing presentations for SG Senior management (on sales performance, key projects...)
* Generating weekly reports and being the key contact to resolve PnL queries and follow up on PnL projects
* Liaising with the operational teams to make sure PnL reports are line with the organisation and working with managers to ensure the activity performance communicated to management is adequate
* Assist with onboarding new clients
* Assisting with day to day client and internal queries, like Best Execution, TCA reports or due diligence questionnaires
* Keeping track of the Joint Ventures between CEE and the other Business lines and following the collaborations between desks from different regions or activities
* Monitoring and reporting the trading desk's operational risk by performing monthly Permanent Supervision controls
* Following up projects and specific product pushes across all platforms and coordinating the organisation of working groups.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
A certain degree of autonomy is expected
* Rigorous work: Working for senior management does not leave room for mistakes - high quality work is mandatory
* Strong adaptability in a rapidly moving environment: Flexibility, ability to work under pressure, autonomy, capable of initiatives and anticipation.
* Communication skills: Good oral and written communication is a core skill as a great deal of the job is to liaise with support function and business line to ensure good monitoring and completion of projects.
* IT Skills: Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
* IT Skills: VBA is a plus
* Ability to plan and schedule: Job involves management of numerous projects with tight deadlines, hence ability to set priorities.
* Tenacity and being results oriented: Liaise with and rely on representative from various departments can generate numerous hurdles to the completion of projects. It is important to remain positive and to be tenacious in order to produce results in due times.
* Ability to estimate risk: Ability to estimate risk is an important part of the role of a COO
* Pro-activeness: Ability to pro actively raise concern and suggest solution is key
|Posted on:||14 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|