Description of the Business Line or Department
Metric Monitoring Group (MMG) Department role are to strengthen their expertise in the analysis of results and risks and increase their proximity with trading activities. MMGs major stakes is to meet the regulatory challenges, accompany the development of the business lines . Ultimately, MMG task is to ensure that MARK, RISQ and DFIN are able to carry out their respective roles within a carefully controlled risk and cost management structure.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
* Analyse the UK Performance and the risk factors (Greeks, stress-tests, VAR etc.) related to trading activities.
* Participate in establishing new risk analysis methodologies and consider the impact of new regulations (FRTB, Volcker, etc.).
* Develop tools for automating, optimising and analysing various indicators (limited developments, projections, etc.).
* Propose tools that are continually more powerful and innovative.
* Handle specific requests from management.
Summary of responsibilities
* Comment MARK UK Performance and market Risks.
* KPI Production to the local MMG and MARK management.
* Work closely with management and regulators to understand new requirements of reportings.
* Work with some partners AUDIT, COMPLIANCE and RISQ OPE for the building of some controls.
* Report on a timely basis and escalate issues to management at the appropriate time including all metrics under monitoring and oversight scope.
* Work with Analyst s teams in Paris and Bangalore and numerous teams within the bank.
* Able to build a macro in a short period of time.
* Comply with fighting back controls.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
* A high degree of autonomy as the individual would be expected to operate with minimal supervision, report on a timely basis and escalate issues to management at the appropriate time.
* Indirect management and necessity to liaise with numerous teams within the bank inclusive of other Product controller's teams in Paris.
* Need to be autonomous and able to report alert to MACC UK management.
* Need to have a very strong knowledge on VBA code
* Operational Skills - Good level finance technical knowledge
* Very strong knowledge on VBA code
* Analytical Skills - understand underlying problematic issues and provide suggestions
* Communication Skills - ability to communicate with the trading and other teams
* Flexibility /Adaptability - ability to develop macro and handle special request in short period
* Ability to take initiative
* Ability to Work Under Pressure - ability to handle very high business requirements
* Teamwork - Able to integrate a multi-cultural team
|Posted on:||23 Feb 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|