Description of the Business Line or Department
Within Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking (SGCIB), you will join the GLBA Coverage division which is in charge of marketing globally the whole span of the bank's products to its major clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Working closely with Relationship Managers and Senior Banker in London in charge of large corporate clients in the UK, you will provide them with daily commercial support in their client relationship, as well as liaising with SG's entities (business lines, branches and subsidiaries) for supporting the bank's activities on the Client Portfolio. You will ensure the proper execution of relationship management support tasks in accordance with the Bank's compliance and risk procedures including operational risk.
You will also closely work with the GLBA Management to provide them with all necessary management information needed such as (but not limited to) reviewing NBI reports for country P&L, country RWA reporting, preparing and managing the country credentials sheets.
Summary of responsibilities
Management of loan transactions & Analytical and reporting support
* Calculation of profitability and equity consumption for all types of financing transactions and for vanilla senior unsecured financing in particular.
* Review, with the support of internal lawyers and other functional experts, of the legal documentation (Facility Agreement, NDA, etc...) in accordance with internal guidelines.
* Supervision of the implementation of new loan transactions done by Middle-Office & Quarterly review of RWA of loans.
* Reporting and control of revenues (NBI -Net Banking Income) and profitability made by the bank with the clients of the portfolio, including periodical review and correction of data from internal reporting systems, and ad hoc profitability analysis.
* Update and maintenance of the bank's internal client database for the client of the portfolio, including initiating creation of new entities with KYC.
* To liaise with client or Agent to ensure submission of audited financial statements, management accounts, compliance certificate and all other information/documents required.
Support Coverage Corporate Relationship Managers for the UK
* Working closely and assisting Corporate & Financial Institutions RMs with building the client's relationship by promoting the whole of products and services offered by SGCIB and the Group. (Including IB products, Structured financing, Advisory, Risk management solutions, Capital Market, trade finance, etc...)
* Closely work with the RMs and Business Lines from the origination & provide support in pitch preparation and RfP responses.
* Closely work with the credit team in managing and understanding the credit risk associated with the portfolio & new prospects and ensuring high credit quality of the portfolio.
* Follow-up on client transactions, marketing plans, participation to the definition of objectives and reporting of client activity to management. Participation to the banks business initiatives: Client Budget; Half-yearly & yearly Business Reviews; Country limit exercise; Shared Goals exercise.
* Write relationship memos and pitching documents on clients: Briefing Memos for Senior Management's visits to clients, relationship rationale for credit applications.
* Provide Relationship Managers with client data and market intelligence (client organisation, geographical presence, market and industry positioning, strategy, latest financial reports and press review, etc...).
* Ensuring the business and clients complies with SGCIB standards and local DFSA regulations including KYC and sanction guidelines.
Assists RMs with new business initiatives, sales pitches, attends conferences / industry events when/if required
* Any of the following educational degrees: Masters (II) in Finance / Business/ Commerce.
* English communication skills (written and oral); fluency in French would also be of benefit.
* IT/software literacy: word, excel, power points, etc...
* Internship/s in a financial institution in a coverage related environment
* A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
* Good credit appraisal, analytical, marketing and research skills, with the ability to interpret financial information
|Posted on:||03 Aug 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|