Product Manager Placement Year
Start date: June 2020
Duration: 12 months full time placement
* Penultimate year of a Human Computer Interaction, User Experience,
Marketing, Business or Computer Science
* Please ensure you apply with your CV in English
Are you a creative problem solver with a keen interest in delivering and optimizing customer facing features? Whether you're someone who loves delving in to the data or driving new Customer Research, here at (COMPANY NAME) Group we're passionate about understanding our customers and driving change.
Our product manager interns are responsible for product strategy, planning, teamwork, and accountability. They are technical yet analytical, customer-focused while also business-minded.
* Video conference call
* Face to face interview
Here's what Sam has to say about his internship in Product Management:
"As a Product Manager, I have been involved in many different tasks, such as:
* Created stories for the development team to undertake, most of which were AB tests.
* Analysed customer data and made competitor observations in order to construct sound hypotheses for the AB tests.
* Analysed the outcome of the AB tests, to see whether they improved business metrics or not.
* Made key decisions both within the team and on behalf of the team.
* Developed a strong network of individuals across the organisation through collaborating with other teams, regularly communicating with stakeholders and most importantly, having fun."
What you'll do:
* Work with business partners to help identify and define product
* Build business cases using competitive analysis, market and customer
research, and loads of data
* Create a hypothesis for new features or enhancements
* Partner with engineering to facilitate decision-making, propose
alternative solutions, and help identify gaps in our product and our
* Work with development teams through development cycle to ensure
features developed meet the desired business goals
* Liaise between product development, reporting, training and business
owners to ensure clear communication, understanding of product
offerings at all times and ultimate project success
Who you are:
You'll fit this role if you have:
* Pursuing a bachelor's in a relevant field (including but
not limited to) Human Computer Interaction, User Experience,
Marketing, Business or Computer Science - seeking to apply to a placement year
* Strong collaboration and communication skills, which includes concise, clear communication that's targeted to the right audience
Why join us:
(COMPANY NAME) Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at (COMPANY NAME) Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, (COMPANY NAME) Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand (COMPANY NAME)®, Hxxxxx.xxm®, (COMPANY NAME)® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lxxxxxxxxx.xxm.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, (COMPANY NAME)® Media Solutions, Cxxxxxxxxx.xxm™, (COMPANY NAME) Local Expert®, (COMPANY NAME)® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age