Job title: Digital Intern
Responsible to: Head of Audience & Digital Development
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form, please email Uxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxm
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Reporting to the Head Of Audience & Digital Development at Decca Records, the digital intern will work closely with Decca digital and marketing teams to assist on label marketing and audience campaigns across our roster of artists including Gregory Porter, Aurora, Jacob Collier, Steam Down, Dame Shirley Bassey and more.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
* Provide ongoing support to the digital marketing team by assisting with audience tracking, social media strategy, CRM management, short links, asset management, website updates, and other ongoing initiatives.
* Drive social media and streaming engagement with best practices, new digital tools, and platform optimizations.
* Create and implement strategic plans for video content on VEVO, Instagram, Facebook & emerging social platforms.
* Develop and maintain databases of key data points including, but not limited to, account growth, budget tracking, CRM data, pitching, links, and social media influencers.
* Work with the wider marketing, commercial and promotions teams to help deliver high impact and successful campaigns for our artists.
* Assist in scheduling meetings and providing agendas along with other support as required.
* Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities.
* Find, engage and develop relevant target audiences via digital platforms.
* Compiling reports for marketing and analysis.
* Work with central teams to build digital marketing tools for artist campaigns.
* Liaising with external suppliers, social media agencies and developers.
* Budgeting in Uniport; including approving quotes, raising POs etc.
* A digital native and avid user of social media who is enthusiastic about innovation and technology.
* Self-motivated with the ability to deal with the routine tasks as well as the more creative aspects of the role.
* Technological knowledge and comprehensive understanding of emerging digital opportunities and trends in the industry.
* Passionate about music with a desire to work in digital and progress in the music industry.
* Some knowledge of digital marketing & current digital music developments.
* Aptitude for technical tasks and the ability to learn quickly.
* Experience using/maintaining social networking sites & streaming services
* (Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud; Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat).
* Understanding and experienced using Google Analytics and other Social Media Analytics.
* Basic knowledge of HTML and Photoshop
* Experience with Microsoft Office - Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Highly organised with the ability to keep calm under pressure.
* Flexible and able to prioritise workload.
* Experience in 'music' or marketing (personal or professional).
* Experience with social media influencers and creators.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
* Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
* Private Medical Insurance
* 25 paid days of annual leave
* Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
* Holiday Purchase scheme
* Dental and Travel Insurance options
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Salary Sacrifice Cars
* Subsidised Gym Membership
* Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement
|Posted on:||08 Jan 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Media / Advertising|