(COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space Limited
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: July 2019
Location: Stevenage & London
To stay on top, (COMPANY NAME) recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within (COMPANY NAME). They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the (COMPANY NAME) and should benefit your future studies.
The Innovation and Incubation Department is the key department for fostering and growing innovation in (COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space. Our mission is to identify key future innovations internally and externally and support their development to secure/increase market shares.
Our activities include:
* Blue Box call for ideas - the Innovation pipeline for submitting innovative ideas for development
* Management of all innovation proposals that are transverse (affect more than 1 business line - Space Systems, Military Aircraft, Communication)
* Coaching/Mentoring of Intrepreneurial teams from idea conception to market launch/spin out.
* Assist with incubation of intrapreneurial and Entrepreneurial ventures.
* Creating and managing open innovation projects with external partners
* Building partnerships with Incubator/accelerators, tech hubs, universities and academia.
* Strategic scouting and reviewing of start-ups that have a potential to become part of the (COMPANY NAME) family, or opportunities for collaboration
During this internship you will also receive the unique and exciting opportunity to help grow the brand new iHub in London, which is an open innovation office set up in 2018 that is used to help create and grow relationships with new start-up's/SME's.
Task & accountabilities :
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
* Support innovation projects coming through internal campaigns, in business planning and project monitoring.
* Provide strategic and data analysis to the projects.
* Organise ideation workshops within the company and with external partners.
* Media preparation for campaigns and workshops.
* Start-up scouting.
* Managing a creative space on site.
* Managing the content and distribution of the Innovation newsletter.
* Leveraging opportunities presented by the partnership with the iHub London (Spend minimum 2 day a week working from London)
* Data analysis and report generation
Required skills :
Please note, we love your interest in working for (COMPANY NAME) but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
* Must be able to demonstrate a clear passion and interest in innovation and excitement for new ideas, regardless of the degree discipline you are currently studying
* You will be open to change with a curiosity and eye for detail
* Knowledge or interest in start-up's/SME's would be an advantage but is not essential
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities additional time for written exercises auxiliary aids room layout dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief