Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren't afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface. Seek adventure, find your passion and forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery's Internship Program, you'll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment
You will be an integral member of the UK Marcomms team supporting the Marketing and PR managers across the Factual and Sport channels. You will be involved in a range of activities including press and affiliate enquiries, assisting on high profile campaigns for brand new programmes and top Discovery talent, and supporting the Marketing and PR team in all its endeavours. This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a busy, dedicated and passionate team and thrive at one of the UK's best-known and best-loved network of channels.
* Compilation of regular press information - weekly previews and monthly highlights
* Monitoring / cutting of PR coverage for distribution across the business
* Responsibility for ad hoc press requests
* Compilation of media alerts
* Processing invoices
* Monthly affiliate highlights
* Value tracker and completing quarterly value report
* YouTube and social video review, feedback and approval
* Video file delivery to agencies
* Ideally you will have undertaken previous work experience with a broadcaster, or have shown passion for the industry, or similar industries, with extracurricular work at university, e.g radio show production, writing courses.
* Good knowledge of the general television landscape.
What you need to know:
* This is a paid 12 month internship and starts in July 2019
* The application deadline is 8thAfter this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
* If your application is successful after initial screening, the first stage of the process will require you to send us video clips of yourself answering a few questions that we will provide for you. More information will be sent to those who are invited to this stage.
* Following this, those who are selected to move to the final stage of the hiring process will be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting video applications to take part in a final interview, held either in our London offices, or via Zoom or Skype.
Interviewing will take place from March to April. A Discovery talent team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates