(COMPANY NAME) Operations Limited
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: 6th July 2020
To stay on top, (COMPANY NAME) recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within (COMPANY NAME). They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the (COMPANY NAME) and should benefit your future studies.
At (COMPANY NAME) in Filton, the Test Centre is responsible for structural testing a wide range of aircraft parts from small components to full scale complete aircrafts covering research, certification and in-service support. Structures Test defines and performs the structural tests which provide the proofs to integrate and qualify the physical aircraft as required for 1st flight, certification and continued airworthiness. The technical added value of Structures Test consists:
* Of providing an optimised test plan (for the complete test pyramid solution) answering customer needs
* Of providing validated, reliable and robust test data to its customers
* In validation of stress analysis hypothesis through testing
* Of providing to the Authorities, the proofs needed for certification and allow to secure certification by applying the same Structures Test process across (COMPANY NAME) and Extended Enterprise
The main mission of the Experimental Mechanics group is to provide complex measurement solutions for structural testing and for the validations of numerical simulations. This group is also leading Research & Technology projects with innovative solutions to complex and challenging future test requirements.
Task & accountabilities :
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include:
* You will develop multiple niche technical skills, including but not limited to performing various types of measurements.
* You will also interact with scientific communities and will have the opportunity to implement the theoretical knowledge into practice
* Most importantly, you will learn the importance of driving innovation and how to overcome any associated challenges.
* Furthermore by providing support to ongoing Research & Technology projects you will develop project management skills and gain insight to the State of the Art in many different fields.
* Provide support to ongoing Research & Technology projects in the field of Structures Test, Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) and Non Destructive Testing (NDT).
* Actively participate in the improvement of innovative measurement technologies, based on visual, high-speed, thermal or sonic imaging technology.
* Support structural tests with complex experimental mechanics measurement solutions for the validation of numerical simulations.
Required skills :
Please note, we love your interest in working for (COMPANY NAME) but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It... Count!
Our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Good experimental, data analysis, problem solving and mathematical skills
* Mechanical testing, FE and CAD experiences are beneficial
* Ability to generate innovative solutions and then communicate them effectively with knowledge/experience in optics and photography is advantageous
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities additional time for written exercises auxiliary aids room layout dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief