Description of the Business Line or Department
Equity research analysts gather statistical data on investment trends and draft investment decision based on their research analysis. Before engaging investors (and advising them on potential investment opportunities) analysts should: a) investigate all relevant companies' and industry's data, b) review information on specific trends, c) conduct market research, d) assess potential risks. On the latter, analysts should have to conduct a thorough research by keeping track of all the risk factors involved in their advices and keep monitoring these risk factors constantly.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
* In his supporting role the candidate will be required to support the team for our data mining work & the research production
* The candidate should ideally progress from a supporting role to an analyst in-themaking position.
* As an analyst in-the-making, the candidate will help strengthening the team's franchise with clients both internally (ie sales and traders) and externally (institutional investors).
Summary of responsibilities
* Team support (mainly for data mining work & research production)
* To help preparing detailed financial models of company complete with valuations and industrial case studies.
* To provide accurate analysis of the market, carrying out fundamental analysis and valuations of peers and compare the same with organisational valuations for benchmark purposes
* To help preparing financial reports in order to: a) investigate key investment themes and b) underpin conclusions on in depth fundamental analysis.
* To build and nurture effective relationships with internal clients (ie sales and traders).
* To provide support to equity analysts working in another sector, providing them the information about initiating factors, on-going coverage etc., and coordinating with them for cross-sector analysis (and eventual reports)
* To keep track of market trends, technological changes, and recent development in various sectors of relevant industries for accurate planning of financial investments
* To create presentations based on equity research analysis to use in order to present investment themes and gather relevant inputs for the equity research process
* Leverage on various research resources (like company profile, financial statements, business publications, etc.), to help conducting market research and formulating investment recommendations.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
The candidate's level of autonomy will be limited at the start. The candidate's autonomy will increase over time as he gradually moves from a supporting to an analyst in-the-making role
* Regulatory Skills
* Good oral, written, and verbal communication skills
* Flexibility - Adaptability
* Ability to Work Under Pressure
* Analytical Skills
* Critical (and lateral) thinking
* Strong networking skills
* Good understanding of capital markets and financial statements.
Since preparation and the update of detailed financial company models is a key part of the role, the ideal candidate should be well proficient in financial statement analysis and financial modelling. Previous work experience in equity research would be an advantage.
Bachelor's degree in finance or economics (with good understanding of accounting principles).
Fluent in English
|Posted on:||10 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|