Job Requisition ID #
As an Intern in (COMPANY NAME) Research's AI Lab you'll apply advanced machine learning techniques to help our customers design and create a better, safer, more sustainable world. We are a team of researchers, engineers, and industry domain experts working on projects that range from learning-based design systems, computer vision, graphics, robotics, human-computer interaction, sustainability, simulation, manufacturing, architectural design and construction.
We are looking for an intern to work with us on machine learning research applied to design. We're passionate about making design tools to enable design exploration (getting to alternative design solutions), design automation (getting to the finished design faster), and sustainable design (with less negative impact). We hope to learn how our customers design today, to enable smarter software tomorrow. (COMPANY NAME)'s AI Lab is active in the wider research community, targeting publications at NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, and other top-tier conferences. We collaborate with top academic & industry labs, combining the best of an academic environment with product-driven research.
* Work to identify common mechanical components in CAD assembly files
* Discover common combinations of components which occur together in assemblies as part of mechanical systems
* Work with other researchers and engineers towards common goals
* Use existing frameworks/libraries and implement necessary tools as required
* Review literature
* Document and communicate progress
* Full-time student pursuing an MS or Ph.D. (preferred) in Computer Science, Computational Design, Graphics, Machine Learning or a discipline in an accredited program with at least one academic term to complete post-internship
* Broad understanding of machine learning and deep learning
* Excellent programming and software development skills, with experience in Python
* Proficient with ML & DL platforms & libraries (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, etc.)
* Experience conducting research and publishing results
* An excellent communicator and team player
* Interest or experience in design (e.g. industrial or mechanical design)
* Experience with CAD
* Deep expertise in an area such as computer vision, 2D/3D geometry representation learning, reinforcement learning, graph neural networks, unsupervised/self-supervised learning, meta-learning, and/or generative models
* Knowledge of 3D computer graphics, computational geometry, and 3D
* Geometry manipulation
At (COMPANY NAME), we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with (COMPANY NAME)? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact (COMPANY NAME) Careers.
Salary is one part of (COMPANY NAME)'s competitive package. Offers are based on the candidate's experience and geographic location
|Posted on:||11 Mar 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|