Discovery Interns are explorers, they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren't afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface. Seek adventure, find your passion and forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery's Internship Program, you'll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment
GOLFTV is a new global venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. GOLFTV is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
This role will support a number of initiatives for GOLFTV as it builds and grows a global Golf content platform. It will involve working closely with multiple groups, including strategy, growth, editorial, product / tech, sales and rights acquisition. The objective is to give the ideal candidate the widest understanding of how a digital product is built and scaled.
The role is analytical and will require some modeling and quantitative research/analysis. Interest in sports, digital media is preferred.
* Business modeling/planning and analysis of digital content initiatives (e.g. rights acquisitions, content commissions, ecommerce or other new partnerships) and understanding the ROI on different types of digital content
* To conduct research, gather input from all relevant teams and develop knowledge on relevant business areas
* Sourcing market data (e.g. sport fan base)
* Industry / competitor research
* Research on potential partners (e.g. production companies, sports federations/clubs, publishers, portals and ecommerce)
* Support for corporate development projects relating to content; including deal process management and execution
* Creating strategic presentations, business updates, memos and other communications to board/senior management
* Other ad hoc support on digital strategic initiatives
* Strategic mindset with strong analytical skills, logical reasoning and intellectual curiosity
* Consumer mindset and passion for digital media and sport (or golf!)
* Capability in sourcing data and conducting research, and verifying and interrogating data
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
* Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
* Fast learner with an ability to work independently on projects
* Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced international environment
* Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
* Team player and confident to liaise with much more senior colleagues
What you need to know:
* This is a paid 12 month internship and starts in July 2019
* The application deadline is 8thAfter this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
* If your application is successful after initial screening, the first stage of the process will require you to send us video clips of yourself answering a few questions that we will provide for you. More information will be sent to those who are invited to this stage.
* Following this, those who are selected to move to the final stage of the hiring process will be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting video applications to take part in a final interview, held either in our London offices, or via Zoom or Skype.
Interviewing will take place from March to April. A Discovery talent team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates