Job title: Commercial Intern
Responsible to: Grocery Manager (GM)
Department: Commercial (UMUK)
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It's the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain's leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email Hxxxx@xxxxxx.xxm
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This role will support the GM in areas of general admin across all major Grocery partners. The role will also incorporate general admin tasks across all business areas to facilitate the flow of information between the labels and the central sales team.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
* Using the retailer's systems to extract epos data and transfer the relevant information into UMG sales reports
* Works with each label to ensure information flow on relevant releases provided on set up, sell through and stock on hand
* Reporting of catalogue performance in each business partner
* Set up financial processes to cover retro markdown forms using the markdown system and seek approvals
* Assisting with final marketing set up, payments and asset management
* Support the GM to manage all administration of relevant UMG releases in each business partner
* Contact the retailer for sales information, stock tracking and general administration information and report into the relevant UMG systems
* Raise the final markdown claim once the account has sent the invoice
* Set up new line forms for new release product for each business partner
* Be the point of contact for all asset information such as pack shots and track listings for the account
* Set up deals and terms on OPD for new release pricing, campaigns or SOR deals
* Checks and manages release schedules and partner planning documents for releases
* Checks and manages stock in store to ensure availability
* Assists on Chart document set up and recommendations on placement and stock shipments
* Ad hoc tasks as required
* Delivering a weekly schedule to fulfil the requirements of all labels
* Set up a process to ensure that all asset information such as sales notes, pack shots and product set up information are delivered to sales within sell in lead times
* Highly organised and able to manage own workload effectively.
* Computer literate across all Microsoft Office applications. High level Excel Literacy.
* Previous experience working in a busy office environment preferred.
* Motivated / self-starter, with a proactive approach.
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Flexible and helpful approach to all tasks.
* Excellent administration skills.
* Ability to pick up new systems and tasks quickly.
* Ideally the ability to understand multiple processes and systems.
* Must be able to work to strict guidelines and with a high level of accuracy.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
* Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
* Private Medical Insurance
* 25 paid days of annual leave
* Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
* Holiday Purchase scheme
* Dental and Travel Insurance options
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Salary Sacrifice Cars
* Subsidised Gym Membership
* Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement