Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
Societe Generale International Limited (SGIL) is Societe Generale's primary booking hub for listed execution, clearing and financing activities within Societe Generale Global Market and a fully owned subsidiary of Societe Generale.
SGIL primarily supports the Prime Services (MARK/PRM) and Commodities Agency (MARK/CTY) businesses, centralizing the booking of the following activities:
* Prime Services: Clearing and margin financing for listed and OTC derivatives (global hub), OTC non-cleared activity of Prime Brokerage clients, Listed FX facilitation, Agency execution for Equity derivatives and listed equity agency execution, Clearing collateral management (regional hub)
* Equity & Derivatives: UK originated cross-asset financing
* Fixed Income & Currencies: UK originated Fixed Income execution
As part of these activities, SGIL holds the general clearing memberships of European CCPs and holds client accounts for both CASS segregated and non-CASS segregated clients.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Key functions as a trainee within the Platform Sales team are as follows:
1. To support the Sales team in the daily functioning of the desk e.g. ensuring pitch books are updated, completing commercial termsheets and attending sales pitches / compiling call reports.
2. To be responsible for the maintaining the new business pipeline, compiling sales report for senior management and liaising with the Sales Advisory function pertaining to the profitability of the existing client base.
3. Work closely alongside PRM Risk and PSO/CPP Pricing teams when assessing new prospective client portfolios.
4. Coordinating RFP responses for tender processes.
5. Working in tandem with head of the team to research, create and implement sales strategies per region / per client segment.
Summary of responsibilities
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
* Define and implement a business plan to develop SG business
* Produce commercial documents e.g. marketing presentations, term sheets, scenario analysis with the support of Marketing and Structuring Teams
* Participate in regional/ global business line sales meetings as directed
* Provide input in to BL Management Information/ reporting to track progress regionally and globally
* Identify and introduce / refer cross-selling opportunities to other MARK business lines
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
* Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands
Risk Management Responsibilities
* Ensuring compliance with sales procedures and guidelines including Sales Handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
* To further improve SG market share and reputation through professionalism, discipline and attention to risks e.g. compliance, market, credit, legal, reputation.
* Ensure full adherence to the SG Sales responsibilities including sales handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
* Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
* Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
* Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
* Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc, that are applicable to your role and business line.
* To assist in the self-identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
* Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
* Investment banking/ financial services industry knowledge and experience
* Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in a variety of business lines, management and control functions across the bank.
* Ability to be able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure until completion
* Flexible and Adaptable
* Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail
* Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
* Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
* Exemplary professional conduct
* Self- motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
* Capability to prioritize and organize
* Strong senior stakeholder Management Skills
Finance related internships or banking experience preferable
University degree level (preferable if business/finance related) mandatory
Not mandatory but preferable if one or more European languages spoken
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At (COMPANY NAME), we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
|Posted on:||11 Dec 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|