Internal Sales Associate
We are the world's learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Our mission is to partner with schools to deliver learner progression. All students from the age of 5 through to 18 , have their own individual learner journeys. Alongside their teachers, (COMPANY NAME) can help them make the progression most appropriate to them, whether onto Further or Higher Education onto Apprenticeships or directly into work. Through a consultative, collaborative sales approach we support our school customers with the right choice of products and services for their learners.
The Internal Sales Consultant (ISC) role supports the Sales team to achieve revenue and retention targets and develop our market share through excellent customer support and consultative selling. To do this through curriculum guidance, by offering qualifications, providing digital solutions and a (COMPANY NAME) product and service surround which exceeds expectations and meets required Standards Objectives.
An ISC is responsible for supporting Partnership Managers in developing (COMPANY NAME) business across customer segments and/or elements of our Secondary qualifications and 5-19 Learning Services portfolio.
The ISC will also be responsible for supporting business growth in key qualifications. This will be achieved through telephone campaigns, follow up of Marketing Qualified leads, Live-Chat support through our websites.
The ISC works closely with their field and internal colleagues - Partnership Managers, Product Experts, Partnership Support Consultants and Customer Success Consultants.
* To achieve agreed market penetration and retention targets against all of the key business priorities and against defined segments, products and services.
* To work proactively with field colleagues to provide coordinated sales activities to centres/schools
* To provide advice, guidance and support to centres/schools through direct contact and by follow on activity from field colleagues
* To provide effective intelligence on the customer experience
* To compile and collate key data requirements to support revenue and retention targets
* To support field staff in business development for designated centres or campaigns, by offering field appointments as appropriate.
* To manage an allocation of (COMPANY NAME) centres/schools if appropriate
* To develop specialised knowledge in key subjects/services to demonstrate to customers through online/telephone support calls.
Measures of Success
* The achievement of agreed market acquisition and retention targets
* The appropriate flow of materials, leads, appointments and information to field staff and to schools
* Effective account management of customer relationships and schools
* Adherence to quality procedures
* Feedback from internal and external customers
* Working with the field team to promote the (COMPANY NAME) proposition to defined centres using agreed strategies which maintain and support existing business and secure defined business growth.
* Achieve and strive to surpass regional sales targets and campaign targets for maintenance and business growth in defined centres.
* Uses Salesforce system as specified.
* Provide accurate data to support market penetration and retention targets - where appropriate
* Generate appointments for field colleagues as appropriate in line with business needs.
* Working with schools to promote the (COMPANY NAME) proposition using agreed strategies to achieve market penetration and retention objectives.
* Provide management information on the schools to assist UK School sales strategies and market intelligence
* To carry out the targeted and focused activity with SLT/HOD across Foundation and key stage 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for (COMPANY NAME) qualifications, resources and digital products and services for the purpose of retention and new business.
* Respond positively to all customer enquiries and ensure outcomes are delivered within agreed service levels.
* Ensure necessary product knowledge of the (COMPANY NAME) proposition is maintained to ensure a high quality of customer services to centres.
* Collaborate with field and internal colleagues to ensure the highest levels of customer support and maximise revenue and retention opportunities.
* Ad hoc activities to be delivered throughout specific terms in the interest of our customers. This will require flexibility in focusing on putting customer needs at the forefront
* Other activities as agreed with the line manager.
This role will be based in the Manchester office however with COVID we are working from home until further notice.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
* A hard-working and highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent organisational skills ideally with a customer service or sales background
* Digital skills including familiarity with Office products and mobile technologies. The post holder will need to work as equally alone or as part of a team.
* The individual will need to work creatively and resolve problems effectively
* Pro-active, self-starter
* Exceptional communication skills both written and oral
* Attention to detail
* Experience of having worked in a customer service or sales role.
* Phone-based customer support experience
* An understanding of key education initiatives in the UK
* Knowledge and understanding of (COMPANY NAME) product and qualification portfolio
* Previous experience in a digital support or sales environment
* Level 2 Qualifications or equivalent required including Maths and English (essential)
* Previous experience of phone-based sales desired in a b2b environment (desirable)
* Digital skills including familiarity with Office products and mobile technologies.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Manchester
Work Locations: GB-Manchester-The Lighthouse The Lighthouse 14 The Quays Salford Quays Manchester M50 3BF
Job: Customer Service
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 2x, xxx0
Job Unposting: Dec 6, xxx0
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2xxxxx0
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply