Description of the Business Line or Department
MARK/EQD/PCS is the Prime Services and Clearing business of Societe Generale.
The business provides Global Market Access for clients to trade cash, synthetic, listed and OTC derivative instruments across Equities, Fixed Income, and Foreign Exchange.
The core offering delivers front to back Execution, Clearing, and Settlement services enhanced by the provision of Financing, Research and Capital Introductions.
SG Prime Services is a client-focused business. The client franchise includes Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, CTAs, Financial Institutions, and Proprietary Trading Groups who are covered by teams based around the world including Paris, London, Chicago, New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role is to work in the Prime Services business line supporting the UK Prime Services Sales team. The Sales team perform the following key functions:
* Prime Services client business development and maintenance
* Senior escalation for serious relationship threatening issues
* Credit and Market Risk liaison - first line of defence
* Regulatory Change guidance
The successful candidate will work closely with the team, supporting them in managing all business driven and regulatory initiatives impacting the UK Prime Services client base. They will have the opportunity to gain in depth knowledge about the business from trading through to clearing and will interact with a wide variety of people in the SG group, both in the Prime Services business line and in the wider Global Markets Business.
Summary of responsibilities
* Assist with the management of regulatory and business driven client initiatives for Prime Services clients.
* Liaise with internal departments and drive through requirements generated by Prime Services clients.
* Manage the internal regulatory team needs and help to channel and prioritise their initiatives and remediation projects for Prime Services clients
* Assist Sales in managing client requirements to trade new markets or new products
* Monitor client risk utilization and co-ordinate Sales team responses where needed
* Monitor and resolve client risk limit overruns and assist clients through pre-trade risk requirements
* Assist in producing MIS for the Sales team to help them managing their commercial relationships
Excellent English, both written and verbal
Good communication skills
Strong organisation skills
Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team
Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Some knowledge of Prime Services products and services an advantage but not essential
Attention to detail and a creative eye
Ability to disseminate information into key messages
Ability to work to deadlines
Good excel knowledge
|Posted on:||12 Jan 2022|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Banking / Finance|