Job Number xxxxxxx9
Job Category Management Development Programs/Interns
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn 86 Fetter Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Global Sales Intern, London, supports the London GSO teams in day-to-day activities across all brands within (COMPANY NAME) International. The Global Sales Intern supports the team with pre-planning for events, including tradeshows, roadshows, and any customer related events and the following;
* Perform general office duties to support the team.
* Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to (COMPANY NAME).
* Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information in Empower which involves sales activities and trends.
* The position will be based in the Global Sales Office London. CANDIDATE PROFILE - Education and Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel or Restaurant Management required
* Fluent English required (written and spoken) and any additional European languages beneficial, although not essential
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
* To assist with all reasonable projects that are assigned
* Assist in coordinating travel opportunities including Tradeshows, industry roadshows, sales appointments, familiarization trips
* To become familiar with GSO accounts by markets
* To support efforts to identify Development Accounts
* To manage special projects when applicable
* To develop and demonstrate understanding and knowledge of key hotels and destinations
* To prepare presentations for special sales activities and events.
* To assist with schedules and meeting setups
* To handle internal and external guest opportunities to ensure guest satisfaction
* To ensure paperwork is processed to clients, other departments, etc., in a timely manner.
* Produce quarterly production reports per manager
* Maintain updated list of key contacts and each (COMPANY NAME) International property worldwide
* Organize all correspondence per account and lead and set up tasks for relevant follow up
* Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions and priorities change which may include learning new skills
* Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
* Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position COMMUNICATION
* o Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
* Actively listens to other recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
* Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
* Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy.
JOB RELATED BUSINESS FOCUS
* Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction, and financial success
* Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
* Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products PLANNING & ORGANIZING
* Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues impacting the plan
* Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail-oriented, maximizes resources, meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments PROBLEM SOLVING
* Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution TEAMWORK
* Works well in a team environment
* Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
* Collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully.
* Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
* Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals. TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
* Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position. WORK HABITS
* Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, in a timely manner, professionally and accurately
* Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and professional skills needed to perform job duties
* Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Highly motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work projects
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Works well under pressure and offers flexibility when last minute projects are required
* Good IT knowledge- ability to use standard software applications including Excel
* Ability to manage electronic real time communication channels
* Sales and customer service oriented
* Languages are an advantage but not essential
* Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of customer and company information (COMPANY NAME) International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
(COMPANY NAME) International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you
|Posted on:||08 Apr 2023|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Tourism / Hotel management|