The Dowty Propellers Satellite Site Leader is responsible for providing leadership and support to the UK & Global satellite Dowty Propeller repair shops located at customer facilities, to ensure the successful delivery of contracted services to customers, whilst maintaining safe and compliant operations in accordance with appropriate regulations and standards.
The Dowty Propellers Satellite Site Leader is directly responsible to the Dowty Repair & Overhaul Operations Leader for:
* Maintaining contracted levels of availability through effective collaboration and negotiation with all stakeholders, to ensure the efficient exploitation of the supply chain to position propellers and other material appropriately
* Collaborating with repair teams and support functions at the Dowty Propellers Repair & Overhaul Operations Headquarters at Gloucester, to fully utilize their expertise and capacity in support of the contract
* Maintaining close collaboration with, and being the technical interface to, the contract Program Manager to ensure the delivery of services to satisfy the contract in an effective manner
* Directly leading activities at remote sites when appropriate, such as fielded product issues and failures investigations, root cause analyses, implementation of corrective actions and applying lessons learned
* Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships, promoting trust, openness and effective team working to jointly satisfy the end user of the product
* Maintenance and execution of a strategic road map to achieve increased Customer satisfaction through the expansion of remote site capability, exploiting opportunities for business growth, including potential new sites in collaboration with the contract Program Manager
* Ensuring the safety of all satellite team members and those visiting the remote shops, by providing oversight and direction to satisfy all appropriate Health and Safety policies and procedures
* Maintaining the highest standards of compliance to Dowty Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Repair Instructions (RI), and other approved work procedures and instructions
* Collaborating with the Dowty Quality Leader to maintain and deliver an effective site audit and approvals plan, to ensure the continued approved operations at all satellite sites
* Drive a culture of continuous improvement using Lean methods and tools, to realize benefits for both the customer and Dowty
* Supporting the professional and personal development of remote staff to give them the greatest opportunity of satisfying their business priorities and personal growth expectations
* Ensuring effective communication to remote staff through to flow information from the Dowty business, to ensure they feel part of the broader team and understand expectations and priorities in support of business objectives
* A relevant Engineering/Manufacturing HND from an accredited University or College; or, an appropriate apprenticeship; or, equivalent relevant knowledge and experience
* Significant experience in a relevant Repair and Overhaul position, or related Manufacturing field
* Experience of working within a highly regulated, quality and compliance conscious organization / industry, such as Aerospace, Rail, Nuclear, etc.
* The flexibility to travel to remote sites to meet customer and business demands
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://wxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xx/xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxg
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Relevant leadership experience
* Experience in dealing directly with customers
* Aerospace systems product knowledge
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: United Kingdom; Gloucester