The (COMPANY NAME) Global Compact is offering internship opportunities with its New York office. The (COMPANY NAME) Global Compact Office is the entity responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Global Compact initiative, including the management of the Global Compact's name and logo, and the Global Compact Integrity Measures.
Internships will commence in January/February 2022. Internships are offered for a minimum of three (3) months, with a possibility of extension up to six (6) months. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a relevant staff member of the (COMPANY NAME) Global Compact.
The (COMPANY NAME) Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
(1) making the Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
(2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of (COMPANY NAME) goals.
To promote its 10 principles, the Global Compact also undertakes work on a range of corporate sustainability issues.
Internship opportunities are available in the following teams:
- Global Operations
- Principles for Responsible Management Education
- Communications and Media
- Participant Outreach and Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Strategic Events
- Partnerships and UN relations
- Intergovernmental Relations and Africa
To learn more about these different teams visit this page: https://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxf
Under the supervision of a Programme Officer of the (COMPANY NAME) Global Compact and depending on their level of experience and training, the UN Global Compact interns will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability.
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents.
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics.
- Support the organization of meetings and events.
- Assist with outreach activities.
- Handle emails and other inquiries.
- Perform administrative tasks, as required.
* Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
* Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
* Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to clients.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
(b) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent).
Candidates should be computer literate in standard software applications, including Excel. They should also have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and have demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Educational background or exposure to political science, history, international relations, cooperate sustainability, law, public administration or related fields is desirable.
No working experience is required to apply for the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the (COMPANY NAME) during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is required.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly and may be required to participate in a written assessment and and/or telephone interview.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship. Please do NOT plan or initiate any travel or report to New York until/unless you are requested in writing to do so.
A complete online application is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The motivation statement must include:
- Title of the degree you are currently pursuing or the title of the degree you have obtained.
- Graduation date.
- Brief list of the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- Based on the list of Global Compact teams we listed in the job description, please name the the top two areas of interest / team preferences within the Global Compact that you would most be interested to intern with and explain the reason for your preference.
- Brief explanation as to why you are the best candidate for that specific team.
Please ensure that you indicate your proficiency in the English language in your application.
(*) Learn more about different teams you could join in the Global Compact:
Applications are only accepted via the UN Careers Portal (careers.un.org)
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who are children or siblings of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME).
At the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
The (COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The (COMPANY NAME) recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities.
Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application. Interns are not financially remunerated by the (COMPANY NAME).
Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
For internships in the United States of America, interns who are not United States citizens, permanent residents or not currently in the United States on a nonimmigrant visa status will be required to obtain a G-4 visa. If already in the United States of America on another non-immigrant visa status other than G-4, interns will be responsible for ensuring that they have a valid visa, and if required, employment authorization, allowing them to undertake the internship
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Posted on:||23 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Government / Non Profit|
|Job duration:||6 months|