At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests' well-being, and we're energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you're someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
2 Intern Positions (Marketing & Graphic Design)
* Contributes hands-on to the production of marketing materials and assists with varying departmental tasks, such as tracking results of marketing and PR efforts, updating websites and online messaging.
* Works closely with marketing team for the creation of monthly internal and external newsletters.
* Works closely with marketing and operations team for the creation of monthly events and marketing campaigns.
* Assists with social media calendar generation and scheduling
* Works to promotes strategic initiatives of non-profit partners
* Monitors and responds to external websites assisting in reputation management (TripAdvisor etc…)
* Updates key digital platforms and implements best practices to deliver increased online presence under the guidance of Director of Communications
* Supports creation of photo and video content libraries
* Supports internal and external events and social functions as required
* Shares monthly insights on competition
* Designs collateral for event and hotel promotions
Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations, and answer inquiries from guests. Transmit information or documents using a computer, mail, or facsimile machine. Operate standard office equipment other than computers. Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail. Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc. Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
(COMPANY NAME) International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. (COMPANY NAME) International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws