Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
Career Level: NA
Hiring Manager: Robert Rabe
Recruiter Name: Ma. Remedios Cruz
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
User Experience Design Intern - S/4HANA Consumer Industries
S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud is a new business unit at (COMPANY NAME) S/4HANA with a focus on Industry Cloud, an emerging market segment where (COMPANY NAME) guides its customers towards evolving their industry-centric business models with new processes, tools, and business services. (COMPANY NAME) CIC complements (COMPANY NAME)'s existing Business Suite as well as helps the entire company keep pace with new market trends in Industry Cloud.
(COMPANY NAME) S/4HANA CIC holistically targets the strategic industries Consumer Products, Retail, Wholesale, and Life Sciences. As a dedicated unit, it takes a start-up approach to develop new cloud products and brings together the product strategy and Product Management for these four industries with all the necessary cloud business functions, such as architecture, engineering, and operations along with the development of cloud-native applications.
As a User Experience Design Intern, you'll learn how to practice human-centered software design at a large corporation. We'll also provide you with a variety of education on technical and soft skills from the many accomplished designers in our team. You'll get the chance to practice these skills with a cross-disciplinary team on real-life projects that support actual (COMPANY NAME) products and those that are likely to be later implemented.
We're in search of team players with positive attitudes, as your success in this role and the value you take away from its hinge on strong collaboration. It's awesome if you already have technical skills in user experience (UX), visual design, or user research, but more importantly, you're are a solid team player. If you're passionate about users, then this role is for you.
Other tasks will include:
* Working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
* Learning about the industry and domain for your project's subject matter, and identifying the key users you'll be designing for
* Collaboratively recruiting and conducting research to learn more about your user and their biggest pain points to create simple, intuitive solutions
* Helping to invalidate and synthesizing real user feedback and figuring out how to work it back into your designs
* Communicating your concepts and ideas via storytelling
* Continually engaging with project stakeholders to design experiences that stay true to the business's needs
* Taking your concepts from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mock-ups
* Helping in creating user flows and other design artifacts for customer presentations with guidance from PMs and Senior UX Designers
REQUIRED TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
This internship is about learning. We're most interested in candidates with the following skills:
* Collaboration: work with individuals of varying roles, skillsets, and backgrounds
* Domain knowledge: basic understanding UX fundamentals & technology
* Communication: Written/verbal storyteller; can present to multiple audiences
* Rational creativity: ability to think way outside the box, and then dial in on what is feasible
* Initiative: a bias toward action, even on items not explicitly within your direct responsibility
* Empathy: ability & desire to truly get to know your user's pain points
* Resiliency: comfortable with ambiguity, failing in a safe environment and getting out of your comfort zone
* Attention to detail: you absolutely sweat the small stuff
* Curiosity: a hunger to grow and learn new things
* Advocacy: strong support and appreciation for Design Thinking and obsessed with users.
* Fun- We love what we do.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
* Knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Figma & Mural
* Familiarity with accessibility standards
* Familiarity with user recruiting tools
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own. A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Intern, ERP, Engineer, (COMPANY NAME), Entry Level, Technology, Engineering, Research