We are now looking for a Physical Design Intern!
(COMPANY NAME) has continuously pioneered and reinvented itself over two decades through various avenues of computing: Graphics, High Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Research, and more. Our invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI - the next era of computing. (COMPANY NAME) is a "learning machine" that constantly evolves by adapting to new opportunities that are hard to tackle, that only we can solve, and that matter to the world. This is our life's work, to amplify human creativity, intelligence, and technology. Today, visual computing is becoming increasingly central to how people interact with technology, and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team. We are looking for a Physical Design Intern who will be responsible for all aspects of physical design and implementation of Graphics processors, integrated chipsets, and other ASICs targeted at the desktop, laptop, workstation, set-top box and home networking markets.
What you will be doing:
* As a member of the team, you will participate in the efforts in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies (flow and tools development) as well as implementation.
* Your day to day will include developing chip floor plan, power/clock distribution, chip assembly and P&R, timing closure, power and noise analysis and back-end verification across multiple projects.
* This position requires you to work with EDA vendor (Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor, etc.) tool suites such as: ICC2,PrimeTime, dc_shell, Innovus, SeaHawk.
* You will interact with a diverse team engineers.
What we need to see:
* A minimum GPA 3.5 and preferably from Dean's Top list with strong academic track records.
* Currently enrolled in BSEE, MSEE or PhD.
* Deep understanding of VLSI and Physical Design related basics & concepts.
* Possess a deep understanding of static timing analysis, clock/power distribution and analysis, RC extraction and correlation, place and route, circuit design and analysis.
* You should have scripting and programming experience using several of the following: Perl, C, C++, TCL, Scheme, Skill and Make.
* Do you have previous experience in physical design implementation like any Physical Design Internships or Physical Design projects or Physical Design experience in companies ?
Preferred duration of internship: 6+ months
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our best-in-class engineering teams are rapidly growing. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a passion for technology, we want to hear from you!
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law
|Posted on:||10 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Job duration:||6 months|