SummaryWe are currently seeking a Store Planning Intern who will report to the Director of Store Planning.
Participate in the development and execution of our store design concept by partnering with our Paris-based design team and local Store Planning Department to catalogue fixtures, source materials and finishes, and create standard CAD drawings and details.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
* Develop standard CAD fixture blocks
* Develop materials library
* Source US/Canada base manufacturers/distributors for European products
* Standardize lighting specifications
* Update store plans and specifications to facilitate Retail Operations and Merchandising needs
* Develop standard drawings and details to facilitate drawing production
* Produce Executive presentations
WHO YOU ARE
* Must be able to receive academic credit
* Must be able to come into the NYC office 1-2 days per week
* Architecture/Interior Design student with an interest in Retail Store Design
* Passionate about fashion and creative store environments
* High-level use of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Rhino or other 3D software
* Curious about building materials technology and Sustainability
* A motivated and proactive thinker
WHY WORK WITH US?
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Balenciaga philosophy and to become part of a team that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at The Kering Group and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms enriches the workplace and our customer experience. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively, and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job TypeStudent (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
OrganizationBalenciaga America Inc
|Posted on:||14 Oct 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|