The Internship Program
Have you wondered how your skills and talents could translate into the world of Animation? Our internship program dives into the craft, technology and operations behind our animated films while developing your skills and connecting you to industry mentors. You'll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your unique talents can grow within our studio. Find yourself immersed in hands-on projects and learning guided by our artists, technologists and production leaders.
Walt (COMPANY NAME) Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is a 12 week paid experience designed for students studying art, animation, computer graphics, and film. The 2022 Summer Intern program begins May/June 2022. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
The deadline for applications is January 16, 11:59 PM PST.
Am I Eligible?
* 18 years or older
* Enrolled in a post-high school educational program (Community College, College, University, Trade, Online School, or equivalent)
* Unrestricted work authorization languageFor our 2022 programs, we are committed to providing mentorship and development. Walt (COMPANY NAME) Animation Studios' production internship program provides emerging talent with an immersive view of Animation through educational seminars on craft and filmmaking, and individual and collective projects.
General Technical Director Internship
At Walt (COMPANY NAME) Animation Studios we have a deep commitment to the philosophy that creativity inspires technology, and technology inspires creativity. Technical Directors are responsible for providing support to our artist teams in a variety of areas including writing tools to facilitate the CG animation process, acting as a liaison to software and system engineers, and front-line artist support. They function as an integral part of the artist departments they're associated with, designing or optimizing processes and tools to best fit production needs.
* Work with multiple department stakeholders to design and develop a tool that will:
* Provide a list of all possible approved characters with a given set of attributes.
* This set of attributes would include gender, age, and body type, among others.
* Keep this list up-to-date as the available characters are updated frequently during production.
* Allow department supervisors to select characters from that list and add them to shots.Key Qualifications
* Experience with Python scripting and object oriented programming.
* Experience with PyQT or other GUI development framework.
* Understanding of process execution in the Unix|Linux operating system.Bonus Qualifications
* Using debugging tools like GDB, Totalview, and VTune.
* Experience working with technical and non technical teams to help accomplish a project.
* Experience with iterative developmentHow to Apply:
* Create or update your profile and apply online
* Resume with month and year of expected graduation date
Deadline for applications is January 16, at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt (COMPANY NAME) Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Posted on:||24 Nov 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Media / Advertising|
|Job duration:||3 months|