(COMPANY NAME) is seeking a Linguistic Intern for the Health Information Systems located in Pittsburgh, PA. At (COMPANY NAME), you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
(COMPANY NAME) Health Information Systems (HIS) is a world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at (COMPANY NAME) Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrows. M*Modal (a (COMPANY NAME) company), a fast-moving technology company in the healthcare industry. Our conversational speech recognition and natural language understanding technologies are widely recognized as the most advanced in the industry.
Fluency Direct is a leading front-end speech recognition product for medical dictation which is changing the way doctors and other hospital staff interact with the patient record at over a hundred hospital facilities.
Job Summary: This internship will be run as a joint effort between the University of Pittsburgh Linguistics Department and (COMPANY NAME)/M*Modal. Interns will spend 8-10 hours a week, for a total of 120 hours a semester, working on corpora development for the purposes of machine learning efforts.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a (COMPANY NAME) career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Interns will work on annotations for various Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding projects. Past projects have included annotations for medical information extraction, part of speech tagging, and medical document structure. Interns will work closely with members of NLU to ensure their annotations are appropriate for each respective project.
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with (COMPANY NAME)'s values and ethical standards.
* Pursuing a Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited institution
* Ability to work 8-10 hours a week
* Familiarity with machine learning, data science, and/or computational linguistics
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to solve problems in a logical, methodical, and time efficient manner
* Ability to direct and influence others
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Relocation: Is not approved
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Diverse & Inclusive (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, (COMPANY NAME) is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Learn more about (COMPANY NAME)'s creative solutions to the world's problems at wxx.xx.xxm or on Twitter @(COMPANY NAME).
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer. (COMPANY NAME) will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms
|Posted on:||25 Nov 2020|
|Type of job:||Internship|