A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the (COMPANY NAME) philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes (COMPANY NAME) such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About (COMPANY NAME), Incorporated
(COMPANY NAME) is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's«, SNICKERS«, TWIX«, MILKY WAY«, DOVE«, PEDIGREE«, ROYAL CANIN«, WHISKAS«, EXTRA«, ORBIT«, 5™, SKITTLES«, UNCLE BEN'S«, (COMPANY NAME) DRINKS and COCOAVIA«. (COMPANY NAME) also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD« Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl«, VCA« and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, (COMPANY NAME) operates in more than 80 countries. The (COMPANY NAME) Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The Facilities Technician has ownership and is responsible for the effectiveness of facilities equipment and execution of facilities maintenance plans. Helps develop facilities preventive maintenance plans and procedures. Offers professional customer service on assigned projects concerning construction, development, installation, and repair of facilities equipment. Performs maintenance plans and follows procedures to ensure efficiency of planned work.
The utilities/facilities organization owns every aspect of the facility including the property, wastewater treatment, the building, parking lots and utilities.
* Technical expert of related equipment and discuss, coach, and train technicians
* Makes business decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
* Represent maintenance team in the daily FMOS meetings. Provides performance data for selected machines and communicates action plans and completed work effectively.
* Ownership of Facilities assigned equipment.
* Effectively execute work orders for facilities and site improvements.
* Help build technical skills (including AM and PM) of other facilities team members
* Partner with the other members of the facilities team to improve, centerline and optimize facilities owned equipment (HVAC, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc.)
Participation on Facilities equipment TPM teams.
* Works with the Facilities Maintenance Leader and team to ensure that all Departmental metrics are achieved.
* Drives maintenance plans accuracy.
* Operations of EMS data systems and utility monitoring.
* Participation in capital projects related to facilities improvements.
* Partners with maintenance lead to reapply ideas.
* Recommends sustainability improvements for facilities equipment efficiency improvements and follows through as appropriate on projects to execute the improvements.
Education & Professional Qualification
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Associate's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Industrial/Facilities Maintenance.
* Technical degree/trade certification or 5 years or equivalent manufacturing or facilities technician experience required.
* Successful completion of (COMPANY NAME) Apprenticeship Program or Co-op.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment with food products or consumer products
* Experience with air compressors, HVAC, chillers or boilers
* Wastewater certification, Class III
* CFC/EPA Certification
* Possess a fundamental understanding of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and mechanical drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
* Ability to troubleshoot ac/dc electrical components including motor starters, switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters and amp probes.
* Ability to troubleshoot basic HVAC and facilities systems.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
* Frequent lifting/carrying (10-50 lbs.).
* Frequent pushing/pulling (50-200 lbs.).
* Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
* Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
* Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift).
* Ability to walk 1 to 2 miles a shift within the facility.
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request
|Posted on:||11 Jun 2021|
|Type of job:||Internship|
|Industry:||Food / Beverage / Tobacco|