Summer 2020 Barrons Web Engineering Internship
The Barron's Magazine Web site is a dynamic and growing product based on a long and successful history providing in-depth financial stories and information. The successful candidate will get a chance to use leading technology including Node.js and React as a Web Intern while experiencing a modern media company with a storied history in our New York City office.
The proper candidate will work closely with Engineering and Product teams to implement Barron's Website enhancements, projects and/or tools utilizing Node.js, React, AWS, CSS and HTML. The person filling this position will code and learn valuable future engineering employment skills.
* Reporting to the VP of Consumer Engineering on the Barron's Web Team
* Ability to develop code in Node.js
* Learn quickly and manage time responsibly
* Work with Product, Design and Engineering people in a true team environment
* Work on and support content-rich responsive web sites
* Ability to demonstrate good user-focused solutions
* Working towards a bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, with at least two years of school successfully completed.
* Preferred knowledge of Node.js, NPM and Express
* Preferred knowledge of React framework
* Desired knowledge of CSS
* Desired knowledge of Version Control Systems, e.g. Git
* Candidate with some coding experience which includes projects done on their own
* An understanding of the Agile process would be nice
* Some coding experience
(COMPANY NAME) , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxm . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - STS
Job Category: About Us
(COMPANY NAME) is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. (COMPANY NAME) has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, (COMPANY NAME) Risk & Compliance, (COMPANY NAME) Newswires, and (COMPANY NAME) VentureSource.(COMPANY NAME) is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at (COMPANY NAME), do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - (COMPANY NAME)." Thank you.