What you do at (COMPANY NAME) changes everything
At (COMPANY NAME), we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
* ESD Reliability Engineer - Test complex integrated circuit processors for Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Latch-up resistance using industry standard test methods and equipment.
Desired Co-op and Intern Skills:
* Application of basic circuit theory concepts
* Good understanding of basic physics principles including electromagnetics and electrostatics.
* Electrical engineering or physics laboratory experience using oscilloscopes, LCR meters, etc.
* Understanding of semiconductor physics and reliability concepts
* Understanding of Automated Test Equipment patterns/ vectors, timing, and diagnostics.
* Experience in programming and scripting language (C, Perl, Python, shell script or similar
* Debug experience with hardware, software and analytical equipment
* Familiar with Linux or Unix Operating Systems.
* Understanding of Computer and processor Architecture concepts
* Experience with Microsoft standards apps (i.e. Office), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work with geographically distributed product engineering team
* On the job training - What you will learn
* Hw to operate and program Human Body Model (HBM) and Charged Device Model (CDM) ESD stress testers using specialized test equipment designed for ESD testing.
* Hw to operate a Latch-up tester while controlling a processor in specific operational modes
* Hw develop custom integrated circuit boards that are used to provide an electrical interface between the tester and the devices being tested.
* Develp in-depth knowledge of the latest ESD/Latch-up test specifications and test methods
* Learn t use and write test programs using graphical user interfaces ESD test equipment
* Learn t write test programs for programming and control of a robotically driven tester that electrostatically charges parts using high voltage electric fields.
* Hw to compare and understand pre/post CDM IV curves to detect electrically induced damage.
* Hw to conduct engineering experiments for design characterization and failure debug.
Requisition Number: 7xxx7
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: [[customString7]]
(COMPANY NAME) does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. (COMPANY NAME) and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information